π”Όπ•Ÿπ•–π•žπ•šπ•–π•€ π•¨π•šπ•₯𝕙 π•šπ•žπ•žπ•¦π•Ÿπ•šπ•₯π•ͺπŸ’Š

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@logain high resistance shoud be like 95%-99% damage reduction and not capable to crit despite personal crit modifier, mid resistance should be 45% damage reduction with 50% chance to crit of the personal crit modifier, low resistance should be 15%-25% damage reduction with 75% chance to crit of the personal cit mod.

Example you have a personal crit mod to 50% and you are going to fight frost mobs with frost spells:

• if you fight vs high resistance your crit chance will be 0% despite your personal crit mod and your frost damage reduced by 95%-99%
    • if you fight vs mid resistance your crit chance will be 25% despite your personal crit mod and your frost damage reduced by 45%
    • if you fight vs low resistance your crit chance will be 37,5% despite your personal crit mod and your frost damage reduced by 15%-25%
    • if you fight vs non-resistance your crit chance will be 50% and your frost damage reduced by 0%

Having resistance/mitigation make the game more enjoyable and cooperative. For example if you go to a frozen land with mobs that got frost resi just bring mates with electric spells or swap yours. Having all kind of attacks (basic/elemental/magic) that can damage everything in the same way will make the game less interesting and easier. If people wants to play solo they can go for a single player game not a MMO that should entice the cooperative gameplay.

PS. If we get resistance in this way we should add also vulnerability. So every school can suffer/counter others.

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@finland said in Enemies with immunity:

(...)high resistance shoud be like 95%-99% damage reduction(...)

And that's exactly the point I'm not sure people understand mathematics and the concept of 'non leveling' in Fractured. If you have a creature resist 95% of the damage, you can as well turn the creature immune without much difference in outcome. In your typical level based game, yes, you could simply gain however many levels are required that the creature is both no threat to you and even when dealing only 5% of damage you can kill it. That is simply not the case though in Fractured (as it is currently planned, or at least promoted), since you can not gain levels and you supposedly gain very little 'power', but instead gain more variety though more knowledge. If the creature is meant to be ANY form of challenge to a player yielding abilities that the creature doesn't resist, it means you stand no chance to kill it with 1/20th the damage (or less if creatures can be weak to elements!).

(...)Having resistance/mitigation make the game more enjoyable and cooperative. (...) If people wants to play solo they can go for a single player game not a MMO that should entice the cooperative gameplay.

I wholeheartedly agree!

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@muker said in Enemies with immunity:

Would you like to see a mechanic with full immunity?πŸ›‘πŸΉβš”πŸ’₯βš‘β„πŸ”₯πŸ’§:cloud_tornado:

Usually I would be somewhat against this solely because it gives a disadvantage to players focusing on one type of combat. But given that we've been told that you will be able to rebuild our character at a campfire whenever, it seems totally reasonable and does make players try out different approaches other than just smashing their face in or sitting behind a rock casting fire spells.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@logain said in Enemies with immunity:

If the creature is meant to be ANY form of challenge to a player yielding abilities that the creature doesn't resist, it means you stand no chance to kill it with 1/20th the damage (or less if creatures can be weak to elements!).

Resistance should be limited to one Element only (for each level). At the same time giving vulenrability to another element.

For example. I have a group facing a Slime Boss. That boss is Vulnerable to Frost damage taking double damage from Frost spell but with high resistance to AA, mid res to Fire, low res to wind. Others (like /electric/shadow/light/blood/..) gets no resist/vulnerability. Keep in mind to use a system like this to manage resistance damage done:

Example if everyone in your party have a personal crit mod to 50%:

high resistance your AA crit chance will be 0% despite your personal crit mod and your AA damage reduced by 95%-99%
    mid resistance your Fire crit chance will be 25% despite your personal crit mod and your Fire damage reduced by 45%
    low resistance your Wind crit chance will be 37,5% despite your personal crit mod and your Wind damage reduced by 15%-25%
    non-resistance your Other Elem crit chance will be 50% and your Other Elem damage reduced by 0%
    vulnerable your Frost crit change will be 50% and your Frost damage is doubled.

This way you can kill mobs in any case and if you want solo just respecc your build with spells that can kill that kind of mob.

(...)

Yes, I was agreeing with what you posted before already.

players won't be immune so i don't really have a problem, i guess.

@jetah said in Enemies with immunity:

players won't be immune so i don't really have a problem, i guess.

Yeah, well, we're only dealing with the enemy.
    In General buzz> create an interesting topic> blow it on day 3-4, and then read)
    translator...

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@jetah Well ofc! Players may have mitigation armors by talents (reducing by 1%-25% the damage taken by a specific source aka fire for example. Would be nice an active talent and not something passive. So you click it and you gain hemm an armor vs that elem for a short period of time). For sure not a vulnerability/resistance system like for mobs.

• @jetah Players could have limited immunity. For example, a spell that gives you a fire shield that completely absorbs up to X amount of fire damage before it dissipates. Or a short skill that makes you immune to physical strikes for X amount of hits. There's a lot that can be done with some creativity.

I think people are thinking too strictly in terms of older mmo combat mechanics when fractured seems to be aiming for more moba style action combat where aiming, timing, and physically dodging skills are going to be more important than just "adding 15% more resistance".

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@target I think we are going to get abit of everything (400 spells). So I suppose that we are going to see spells working like for moba.

• TF#3 - ENVOY

A really fun concept in MMOs and being forgotten from so many developers.
    I would love to see it here too.

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

I wouldn't mind if mobs had 100% immunity or partial immunity. An old game I used to play named Tibia had something like this.

Ghosts had 100% physical immunity, so if you were a knight what did you do? You brought a firesword or great fireball runes etc.

As a mechanic, I like it.

Copyright Β© 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured