New Player - suggestions

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

Here's the list I've come up with as a new player (who's also convinced a friend to join as well).

• I should be able to right-click an item to move to/from storage
    • I should be able to loot enemies even if they are piled ontop of each other
    • The map should make it more obvious what areas I cannot walk - those impassible walls are almost impossible to see in the minimal
    • The CARTS. Please please give us the ability to remove carts that are on our property that we do not own. It's way too easy to troll properties right now.
    • Why can't I store raw ore inside of chests? It's just gonna force us to make a ton of carts.
    • Why does the map not default to centered on the player?
    • Why is the player 'compass' icon thing in the minimal gray? Gray on dark green and gray is very hard for some of us to see.
    • Why do I have to re-slot my skills after resting if the skills haven't changed?

I love this game so far and hope it succeeds, just giving some feedback!

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

Adding on to this.

Arrows quality does not seem to matter, hopefully in the future it does.
    Tooltips get stuck, when multiple people interacting with enchanter for example. one hovering the other removes.
    Arrow quality doesn't split stacks, if you have 'good' arrows equipped and equip 1 poor arrow, the whole stack is poor.
    The purchase house mechanic is not obvious to new players.
    the 'change material type' is not obvious to new players.

Also, love the game, just things that i noticed from a fresh eye perspective.

• Content Creator

@lunaticedit said in New Player - suggestions:

I should be able to right-click an item to move to/from storage

They don't want to quicken some click-intensive things on purpose

I should be able to loot enemies even if they are piled ontop of each other

They are working on this, you can loot the undercorpses, but it's tough to do so

The map should make it more obvious what areas I cannot walk - those impassible walls are almost impossible to see in the minimal

This is on purpose, so that if you go off-roads/paths, you have to realize sometimes it will require either really knowing the area yourself, or a lot of doubling back. Same reason they don't want the teleport spells to bypass cliffs

The CARTS. Please please give us the ability to remove carts that are on our property that we do not own. It's way too easy to troll properties right now.

You should be able to do this already, if not, message @Spectre

Why can't I store raw ore inside of chests? It's just gonna force us to make a ton of carts.

Because raw ore is considered a Heavy item, and heavy items don't go in backpacks or chests, there is a separate Ore Storage that towns can get, but not private residences.

Why does the map not default to centered on the player?

That's a QoL thing that will probably be fixed sometime before the release of the game, but is considered super low priority when you can just hit the Center Map button on the sidebar.

Why is the player 'compass' icon thing in the minimal gray? Gray on dark green and gray is very hard for some of us to see.

Never even noticed the compass, right now, with no camera panning, up is North, simple enough standard anyway.

Why do I have to re-slot my skills after resting if the skills haven't changed?

You only have to reslot skills if you rememorize your Skill preset, you do not have to rememorize unless you've added/changed out skills in that memorization set.

and to @Krathic

Arrows quality affects accuracy and damage.
    Tooltips getting stuck is an ongoing concern, unfortunately, you fix one thing, and things like this come back as a result, that's why we Alpha
    They already mentioned the bug that if you combine stacks of arrows, all arrows become the same quality, if you combine them the right way, you can end up with all Excellent Quality arrows.

The house purchase and change material functions are not completely intuitive for new players, but hopefully, when the game actually goes live, the 'starter quests' will walk people through some of this too.

• TF#8 - GENERAL AMBASSADOR

Need to have making nets and catching a horse as part of the tutorial, even if the tutorial horses can not be tamed the players still seem to need a tutorial on how to do it. I cannot count the number of times this question has come up and I or someone else mechanically responds.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

@GamerSeuss
    Hey awesome thanks for responding.
    Is this the best place to make recommendations and record bugs that we find?

One more, if you begin constructing a blueprint, grant a co-owner access, finish the blueprint, the co-owner will not have access until relogging.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

Bear heads stack, wolf heads do not. I think the intention here might be for bear heads not to be stackable.

You should put those in the bug section of this forum.

@GamerSeuss Arrow quality is working? Didn't test that...

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured