Potential Bugs

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

As always, congratulations on a fun game and the progress since the last test 🙂 I have encountered a few things which I think are bugs, some may be features:

• Abilities sometimes will animate the character but not actually cast...leading to many near death experiences! This seems to happen most often with Magic Missile.

• The Magic Missile spell seems to continue casting even after the caster is dead. I've noticed this with the Spiders close to the starting town, they are dead after one or two hits but their spell still finishes (this may be planned as last alpha seemed to have a short casting time and now the Magic Missiles are instant cast).

• Kill credit (and loot access and knowledge points awarded) seem inconsistent. When soloing the Fire Shamans in Goblin Hills (without using any totems on them) I would sometimes not have access to loot or received KP from the kill, and then need to wait 10 minutes again for them to re-spawn. This seems to happen most often when you run away then re-engage or when the poison spell is used.

• Black bears at -2642W -1008N re-spawn very fast, within a minute of being killed. (I filled my Black Bear knowledge in less than 5 minutes there).

• No visual effect when the Absorb spell (from Wisps) is cast, yesterday it was a solid purple oval (I'm guessing that was a place holder for a future particle effect).

Cheers! I'm off to throw sticks at trolls.

Oh yes! And one more:

• Every time I try to enter the game it initially tells me my character is in an invalid location then returns me to the character page, then says the character is still active and I need to wait. Then after 3 or 4 tries it will work.

@Feanor said in Potential Bugs:

As always, congratulations on a fun game and the progress since the last test 🙂 I have encountered a few things which I think are bugs, some may be features:

• Abilities sometimes will animate the character but not actually cast...leading to many near death experiences! This seems to happen most often with Magic Missile.

This will happen if you run mid-cast, as it cancels it out.

• The Magic Missile spell seems to continue casting even after the caster is dead. I've noticed this with the Spiders close to the starting town, they are dead after one or two hits but their spell still finishes (this may be planned as last alpha seemed to have a short casting time and now the Magic Missiles are instant cast).

This is likely because it all counts as 1 spell, not 2-6 individual spells, based on your Int score, however, this also seems a bit fishy with a player cancelling out mid cast with running, and it shooting fewer missiles.

• Black bears at -2642W -1008N re-spawn very fast, within a minute of being killed. (I filled my Black Bear knowledge in less than 5 minutes there).

They respawn so fast because they are part of the tutorial and everyone will be fighting over them early on. If the respawn is too long, players will likely complain that the tutorial takes too long, because they had nothing to kill for it.

@Xzait said in Potential Bugs:

@Feanor said in Potential Bugs:

This will happen if you run mid-cast, as it cancels it out.

That would make sense except it does still happen when I'm standing still and utilizing a series of spells. It will occasionally not "fire" properly.

This is likely because it all counts as 1 spell, not 2-6 individual spells, based on your Int score, however, this also seems a bit fishy with a player cancelling out mid cast with running, and it shooting fewer missiles.

Good theory!

They respawn so fast because they are part of the tutorial and everyone will be fighting over them early on. If the respawn is too long, players will likely complain that the tutorial takes too long, because they had nothing to kill for it.

That makes lots of sense. Thanks! I thought it might be similar to the last alpha in the Vale of Shadows where I found some Spider Liches that respawned almost right after they were killed, but fast re-spawns near the starting town is wise...though it does let one accumulate materials very quickly if no one else is around.

@Feanor I can only assume that you spell cancelling might have something to do either with latency, or possibly casting the next spell in your series too quickly? If not, I'm out of ideas, lol 🙂

• Content Creator

Magic Missile spell always finishes, the animation may not always play out, and most if not all the missiles may be resisted, or hit an already dead target but it always finishes

@Xzait Thanks for the help. It probably is indeed my setup or latency then if no one else has experienced it.

@GamerSeuss I’m not sure about it ALWAYS finishing though? I thought it would cancel after just 1 or 2 missiles by moving when normally I can shoot 6 by standing still. And only the damage from the 1 or 2 applies. I’ll need to double check this when I have time to log on again though!

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured