Questions About the video "Fractured MMO | Winter Alpha 2021 Spotlight #2 | City Overhaul"

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

10:50
    If anyone can use the teleport from the dock, even if it is not built, what is the advantage of spending time and resources to build the dock? I see little benefit in wasting time and recruits to earn a trip fee?

Dock suggestion:
    When the Dock is not built, the player should be required to build a small boat in order to use the teleport. If the city is not made, then there are no boats nearby. Therefore, the player should build a boat to sail.
    exp: 8 wood, 8 rope = 1 small boat that will be consumed on a trip

11:49
    If enemies will be able to enter the city, will we be able to hire guards to protect the city?
    for example:
    City rank 3 can hire 1 guard (100gold / day)
    City Rank 6 can hire 2 guards (200 Gold / day)
    City Rank 9 can hire 3 guards (300 Gold / day) ... ...

• Cities with guards would be allowed pvp inside them.
    • Each city and Guild would be blacklisted. Guild or blacklisted players will be attacked by city guards.

(There is no logic if my enemies can enter the city and I cannot attack them within my own city).
    The city governor should have the power to decide whether or not to do PVP within the city. Cities with pvp on would appear on the map with a red shield. (IDEA) Only those who want to go to this city.

14:34
    To be governor of the city, will there be elections? it would be interesting that every 4 weeks there were elections and that all citizens could vote for the candidate they prefer.

• Candidates could mention what they would do to please citizens. Example: Opening the city for PVP or lowering the house maintenance fee, building roads, etc.

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@David353 said in Questions About the video "Fractured MMO | Winter Alpha 2021 Spotlight #2 | City Overhaul":

10:50
    If anyone can use the teleport from the dock, even if it is not built, what is the advantage of spending time and resources to build the dock? I see little benefit in wasting time and recruits to earn a trip fee?

Docks will be fully built at the start, there will be no reason to build them as they are no longer within the city structure.

11:49
    If enemies will be able to enter the city, will we be able to hire guards to protect the city?
    for example:
    City rank 3 can hire 1 guard (100gold / day)
    City Rank 6 can hire 2 guards (200 Gold / day)
    City Rank 9 can hire 3 guards (300 Gold / day) ... ...

• Cities with guards would be allowed pvp inside them.
    • Each city and Guild would be blacklisted. Guild or blacklisted players will be attacked by city guards.

(There is no logic if my enemies can enter the city and I cannot attack them within my own city).
    The city governor should have the power to decide whether or not to do PVP within the city. Cities with pvp on would appear on the map with a red shield. (IDEA) Only those who want to go to this city.

Personally, instead of them having to invest that much more time in AI (which as we know is hardly ever good against a player to begin with) and server resources in dealing with them, I think it would be better to just have permissions set so that they just could not ever use the resources to begin with.

also, in regards to having guards... all you need to do is look at Shadowbane and see how well that did not work.

14:34
    To be governor of the city, will there be elections? it would be interesting that every 4 weeks there were elections and that all citizens could vote for the candidate they prefer.

• Candidates could mention what they would do to please citizens. Example: Opening the city for PVP or lowering the house maintenance fee, building roads, etc.

Yes, the developers already plan on having a democratic government for the cities (unless the governor package was bought where the governor could have a "dictatorship" instead of a democratcy and can not be outed except by a coup) where elections can be held every 30 days I believe it is.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured