The decision for public vs citizens-only crafting stations should be made by Governors, not Dynamight

@grofire

You literally said:

"if a solo player got to a level he can do a boss then there shouldn't be a game mechanic that prevent that"

A solo player will NOT get to a level where he can do a boss alone, specifically because THERE IS a game mechanic preventing that, called horizontal progession.

Sure, you can grow in options and many fights will become easier, but those are fights that are in a scale supposed to be tackled by a single well prepared player.

"Bosses", whatever we mean for these, are not something that falls into that category.

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@spoletta this is only semantic differences. horizontal progression, doesn't mean that you can't get better for a fight agents different bosses, since if play more you will have better suited skills and encampments.
    a day 1 player will not be as strong as 1 year player, no matter how you wanna call it.
    and 10 day 1 shouldn't be stronger then 1 year solo player, and i do not think they will be even with horizontal progression.

I guess that the best choice is cities for every size of guilds. It's an alpha test, lot of players doesn't have access yet and the changes are strange, we need to wait to see if it will be a good choice or not. Everybody nows that competitive gameplay is focus of big guilds, and it will not change. The monopoly of cities will happen, big guilds, alliances, it's a MMO.
    About my idea could have small cities or villages that have your own area paying some taxes to a capital city and with a debuff in craft quality or something like this, it will allow solo players and small guilds to play like they want without a threat from competitive guilds. Surely I prefer play with a small scale doing pvp or pve, this update is broken the gameplay of mostly players.

About the messages of Horizontal progression its mean that you have a cap. The cap of attributes is 25 when you reach it you need to know that you never pass the limit damage, so a player with same status and same equipment have the same damage, we do not need to train skill to be stronger, we do not need to grind 24hs per day, we will be equals, the only difference will be if your equipment have a better quality or different skills.
    Another thing is, you will never can do everything solo, it is the magic of a MMO, maybe you can craft, build your own home, but will have a limit.

@Elex said in The decision for public vs citizens-only crafting stations should be made by Governors, not Dynamight:

About my idea could have small cities or villages that have your own area paying some taxes to a capital city and with a debuff in craft quality or something like this, it will allow solo players and small guilds to play like they want without a threat from competitive guilds.

Problem is, that brings back the previous disadvantage of small guilds and solos, thats what led to these changes. They would be, once again, locked away from the good/best gear or other types of content.

The way it is now actually lets solos and small guilds play and fully enjoy the game (in theory, as we havent played yet) while keeping it an MMO, just needed to find the balance between locked cities (before) and enemies leeching (maybe or maybe not now, will see how the info from QnA plays out [like the crafting role], and no "just kill them" still isnt a solution -looks at Prometheus-).

And lets be completely fair here, do you think villages and smaller towns will stop big competetive guilds from wiping them off the map? They are competetive for a reason, domination, not cooperation (or mutual tolerance).

@LonelyCookie It could be true. But we will be ever in disadvantage, we do not have players or guilds if you are solo, I do not want to play in a big guild because of lot of things, I just want to do my game with my fellows, with this system do you think that they allow you to get resources? They will make a skirmish to decimate all that try it. Maybe for being an alpha test solo players and small guilds could stabilish in a city, but in beta it will not be possible because of numbers and guilds that will play. I was wondering about a way to stop people enter in the city and the easier way is make my guild members buy all plots around, so nobody will enter and use my buildings. Another thing is big guilds do not need to get gold from players, they can do it by yourselves, I don't like the idea of ​​equipping my enemies or using my buildings so I`ll do all as possible to prevent it.

The numbers of cities now is 36, but the problem will be the same like last alpha test, cities will be empty because do not have people to all of them, and a lot of small guilds or group of players will try to get a city to not enter in one that have people.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured