Wagons and handcarts

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

I don't know if others have been doing the same, i imagine some have, but given the ease of making a wagon, and the speed difference between horse and wagon and just horse, there seems to be no reason not to, when travelling long distances to and from resource nodes, ride there, make a wagon, transport the materials back home, and either destroy the cart or add it to the growing wagon yard.

In the completed game, this will be much lessened, as players wont be able to just go somewhere and grab resources, except wood and stone, which would be gathered as close to home as possible anyway, and I imagine that, much like real life, merchants will take goods to sell on one trip, and bring purchased goods the return trip, so there would be less of this occurring, nevertheless, I feel like there should be some value added to wagons and carts, so that they arent so expendable, perhaps metal components in their construction? can only be made at a woodworkers? or what if there were different grades; ones you can make out of just wood and cloth, like now, and higher quality ones that require metal components and a workshop, but the better ones are almost as fast as the horse alone, so that, while you can make one whenever and wherever you need to, it is usually better, if you have one, to keep using it, rather than making multiples.

Another thing; horse stamina? variable speed of wagons based on load?

Are there plans for wagons that can be used for normal items? as in not heavy materials.?

And, handcarts seem to be still bugging; they keep disconnecting, was this pointed out? i mentioned it once, but i don't know if anyone who can fix it read the post.

• TF#11 - PROCONSUL

I don't know if others have been doing the same, i imagine some have, but given the ease of making a wagon, and the speed difference between horse and wagon and just horse, there seems to be no reason not to, when travelling long distances to and from resource nodes, ride there, make a wagon, transport the materials back home, and either destroy the cart or add it to the growing wagon yard.

In the completed game, this will be much lessened, as players wont be able to just go somewhere and grab resources, except wood and stone, which would be gathered as close to home as possible anyway, and I imagine that, much like real life, merchants will take goods to sell on one trip, and bring purchased goods the return trip, so there would be less of this occurring, nevertheless, I feel like there should be some value added to wagons and carts, so that they arent so expendable, perhaps metal components in their construction? can only be made at a woodworkers? or what if there were different grades; ones you can make out of just wood and cloth, like now, and higher quality ones that require metal components and a workshop, but the better ones are almost as fast as the horse alone, so that, while you can make one whenever and wherever you need to, it is usually better, if you have one, to keep using it, rather than making multiples.

I think you can build them only in safe zones, or at your own plot, you cannot built carts wherever you want... Isn't it?

Another thing; horse stamina? variable speed of wagons based on load?

That would be REALLY frustrating...

Are there plans for wagons that can be used for normal items? as in not heavy materials.?

That would be REALLY helpful...

And, handcarts seem to be still bugging; they keep disconnecting, was this pointed out? i mentioned it once, but i don't know if anyone who can fix it read the post.

Never happened to me, so I probably it is not a handcart related generic bug...

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

I'm not for anything that just adds to the game to make it harder. It's not real life. It doesn't have to feel like work.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured