Dracondar a RP hub city on Arborea

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

Hello All!

I am an avid RPer, player of tabletop pnp for a couple of decades and been trying to find a place to try out and create a nice RP community so was wondering if this idea had any interest?

Ideally we would start with one on Arborea, and if we get enough ppl might be possible to make RP hubs on all 3 planets.

What do you guys think abouty it? (don`t mind the bad english, it is a work in progress 😄 )

• Wiki Editor

every MMO game I've ever played always had a RP community.
    I would also suggest looking into haven and hearth it might be more of a ready game for RP atm.
    http://www.havenandhearth.com/portal/

• Wiki Editor

@rieitdd We have some roleplaying people in our community, so i am very sure, there will be RP "Hubs".

Me personally is someone who doesn't really like to make Hubs, since i am trying to RP everywhere.
    But yeah, for sure we should have some places, that we can push to be "meeting places".
    The Shrooffeeâ„¢ Bars of @Gothix and me will be surely one of these places.
    Since we are a Sandbox Game, where we create our own Lore, we will be responsible to establish these content. Would be a shame, if we wouldn't do it. 😉

• @rieitdd said in Dracondar a RP hub city on Arborea:

Hello All!

I am an avid RPer, player of tabletop pnp for a couple of decades and been trying to find a place to try out and create a nice RP community so was wondering if this idea had any interest?

Ideally we would start with one on Arborea, and if we get enough ppl might be possible to make RP hubs on all 3 planets.

What do you guys think abouty it? (don`t mind the bad english, it is a work in progress 😄 )

A hub of sorts can work for sure. When we played ShadowBane one of the rewards to members of the leadership body was ownership of newly "acquired" cities. Being as I knew a couple of the Core enjoyed RP'ing as well as several members I showed them extra love when they owned their new city by making it a Nation mandate that those particular cities required for anyone visiting it to RP their char. Basically, no one was forced to do anything but if they chose to utilize those particular cities for something that had to RP.

LOL.....course, I purposely took steps to insure those cities had the best of the best as well as had an open bank for players to use as they might need...all they had to do was alert any of the chars the owner had given access to to withdraw it for them. I even "lead the way" at least once daily for a week or so finding a reason why I needed to hang out for an hour or so and did the RP thing with those players for the Nation to see. Was the least I could do to repay those fellas for neglecting the RP playstyle they enjoyed because we were knee deep in a way with 3 other nations and I needed them to worry about whipping ass...not breaking char.

But the bigger point of that story and how I think it sets a precedence of why you may be more right then you know? I'm personally not into RP'ing, and even had a private bet with some friends that those cities would basically be ghost towns.....and hell if I wasn't embarrassingly wrong. Not only did it give them well very nice traffic (both from fellows as well as surrounding guilds who'd asked permissions set to allow them to shop/trade there) but it showed me what I thought was a very niche crowd of maybe a dozen players tops was barely 10% of the players under our Nation tag alone that enjoyed RP. Matter of fact, it was one of those cities that started the relationship which lead to one of those non-affiliated guilds coming into our Nation (turned out they weren't so much anti-social as they were a RP guild that was simply worried about surviving out there in the desert.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured