Free Weekend Test Feedback

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

There should be a dedicated feedback thread for testing feedback - I don't see one (if I'm an idiot redirect me) so I'm making one.

Feel free to post your thoughts about the game here after spending some time testing.

I'm coming at this from the perspective of someone who found out about this game 30 minutes prior to the test opening - so a completely blank slate. I also want to acknowledge my bias in that I'm willing to put up with a ton of jank. I avidly test Crowfall and other early Alpha games that are really unpolished. Your willingness to put up with lag and bullshit may be lower than mine.

On first blush the abilities and talent systems are an interesting baseline for a PVP rpg system. Obviously there are a lot of parallels to be drawn between this system and POE and I think that is a good thing. The trees have enough branches and concepts to seem to enable a lot of builds when I look at them. It may be that things are figured out and some skills are totally garbage, but it seems like you can make a lot of varied builds with different goals.

The PVE is pretty lackluster which is fine, I don't expect that much in a PVP game. I don't love that there will be a ton of segregation between the PVE and PVP populations (I read somewhere that PVE players can farm equal quality materials to PVP players in safe zones). This is a fundamental mistake and should be reconsidered. You should be able to get SOME materials from PVE zones, even enough to be viable, but you should always be driving people to more risky areas to earn more. Correct me if I am wrong on this idea.

The PVP itself is fine. It seems pretty hard to parse what abilities are affecting you or are being cast in your direction. If you compare it to Albion, where outside of a huge zerg the abilities all have distinct art and animations. In this game it is hard to understand what is about to happen to you. It also seems like the PVP has a lot of input delay - likely due to the current server infrastructure and where it is hosted. The game needs to be snappy.

That being said, the time to kill feels good. Clothies eat shit quickly but dish out a lot of damage, tanks feel tanky, melee has multiple ways of engaging, and you can play mixed discipline characters. I can see a lot of potential in different talent sets for different types of content as well. All good signs.

Overall I think this game has potential. We'll see if the devs can capitalize on the good framework they have and turn it into a polished game.

• @galvia said in Free Weekend Test Feedback:

The PVE is pretty lackluster which is fine, I don't expect that much in a PVP game. I don't love that there will be a ton of segregation between the PVE and PVP populations (I read somewhere that PVE players can farm equal quality materials to PVP players in safe zones). This is a fundamental mistake and should be reconsidered. You should be able to get SOME materials from PVE zones, even enough to be viable, but you should always be driving people to more risky areas to earn more. Correct me if I am wrong on this idea.

You are wrong. If you want that type of game, it's been done in Albion Online and Legends of Aria and both suck for players that just want to craft and be an economy player. Look at EvE Online, you can play the game and craft and make a profit without ever entering NULL space. It is slower but it is possible.

I am a crafting player. I am not good at PVP; I don't like PVP. I do enjoy playing the economy and being a producer for said PVP'ers.

Both Legens of Aria and Albion Online have systems exactly as you describe. Look at their player base recently?

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured