Empty Workshops (Brilliant Solution)

• Content Creator

Didnt you noticed that it looks horrible when you see empty workshops??? Doesnt it? Just two workstations in huge building and only empyness around. I find it horrible and sort of incomplite. What i suggest? Did you also noticed that to refine resources it takes time? Right? 15 hours for leather refine and so on. But dont you think that its stupid to refine material for 15 hours and then make armor out of this material in 5 seconds? Dont you think its stupid? Instead i suggest that to craft items it also should takes some time like a refining. So if you wanna make one great sword it must also takes around 15 hours, SO, if you want 2,3,4 swords at that time then build the same number of crafting stations. So 5 stations in a building will produce 5 swords at that time after 15 hours. So this way space in workshope will be fully used. Also players will try to build as many building as possible and they will be motivated to upgrade their city up and they will have to deside what exactly their city will have a specification on? one city can be massivly produce only a leather armor or mage armor and so on and on.

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

I hate real time limits on things in games. That's the reason I don't play platform games.

Horrible idea in my opinion, waiting for tanning tubs and metals are more then enough timegating.

Placing chests in your Workshops makes them way less empty.
    And don't forget, we will have more stuff in the town in future, nobody, except Dynamight will know, if we will be able to place decorative prestige stuff later on in this houses.
    And also it will not make much sense to build work shops doubled, since there will be more building types and you will need your space to place them all beside the personal plots.
    I am okay with some real time using crafts, i can imagine, advanced cooking will have timegates.
    But we don't really need it at every crafts. Especially not, when every Citizen can grab them and you not even know who it was.

Your suggestion at all is not really tempting.

• Content Creator

sometimes i wonder why people do not like what i think is brilliant. yes you r right that evey citizen can take your sword and thats not feir, but really? now everyone can take your ingots out of furnice and make himself a sword in few seconds. it is similar as if you would steel sword directly so i dont think this is enough argument why not.

also when you say there will be more buildings but its only better for my idea. cos every city will be able to make a choice in what direction develop the economy. labore devinity like in real life. so one city can have everything in it for wide veriety of service but also some cities can become a curtain way of development. for example it can be a city of magic stuffs, or city of smelters. so city will become like a smelter hub where every neighbours will bring their ore in and make buisness there.

if you said A then you have to say B. if you make game where it take 3 days of making ingots for great sword, then why you can make this sword only in 5 seconds??? this is not logical. Anyway, to make item cost money it got to cost time. Maybe we can cut of half time from ingots production and put it into item production. This will be much better. FOR ECOMONY. you can say "its enough with refining already" no its not enough. entire time can be the same but it must be devided for production time also. So that production step become a dedicated step.

@boogis I balk on anything that tries to make a game like real life. I play games to escape real life 🙂

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

@boogis
    There will be city specializations like mining towns, farming towns, and more. It will likely come next test when prestige and city nodes will become important contested area in the future

Right now though I disagree with your third argument. Right now taking time to actually craft the item is a bad idea. For example, once you start the smelter you can't stop it otherwise you lose all the materials. It would not stop players from stealing ingots to craft their metal items. It would actually encourage theft as players would remove your steel greatsword from the crafting bench to make their own armor and weapons, like enchanting tables right now. And with no direct way to trade items right now, lawful players will be stuck with crafting benches that have items that nobody is taking in a timely matter.

It would just take longer for everyone involved. The best way for players to prevent theft right now is to itemize and keep inventory. If you see a boatload of steel or ingots missing and a player is running around with a new set of armor, that's your thief.

• Content Creator

@Farlander said in Empty Workshops (Brilliant Solution):

@boogis I balk on anything that tries to make a game like real life. I play games to escape real life 🙂

There's kind of a wish for both out there.

Most people want more realism in the game, but not all the tedium and minutia that real life requires.

Those who want the minutia usually end up playing Sim games like SimCity (whatever version) while those who want a level of realism, but still want it to be primarily escapism gravitate towards MMORPGs.

@boogis said in Empty Workshops (Brilliant Solution):

sometimes i wonder why people do not like what i think is brilliant.

Maybe just don't call yourself brilliant 😛 😉
    Let people decide, what is an super good idea and what not.

Self-adulation is mostly weird, except you want to be the best dude ingame and get many people to your group in reason of this behaviour. In this case, if you are modest, you don't win a race. 😉

• Content Creator

@Kralith 😊 😊 i would disagree with you. you know great russian poet Pushkin??? he often call himself a geniuse. and you know what? he was. i also think some of my thoughts are average and some are brilliant. often geniuses are missunderstood by regular crowd 😁 😀

• Content Creator

@MorganReed where you see a problem, i see a posabilities. well, devs can make a keys from workshops doors. only key owners can open the door and enter building. well, key can be stolen and used to open the door and stealing materials BUT key lock can always be changed by owner. yes everyone can enter building while doors are opened but every owner can claim unknown player inside your building as a criminal. so befor enetring you gatta ask permission to enter and if you are thief you need to come when nobody home and dont steal all in bulk. just a little bit so owner wont noticed. keys can be sold on a criminal black markets. Dont say its not brilliant 😁 😁 😁

• Content Creator

@Farlander said in Empty Workshops (Brilliant Solution):

@Farlander you know that demons exist? 😁

• Content Creator

@boogis said in Empty Workshops (Brilliant Solution):

@Kralith 😊 😊 i would disagree with you. you know great russian poet Pushkin??? he often call himself a geniuse. and you know what? he was. i also think some of my thoughts are average and some are brilliant. often geniuses are missunderstood by regular crowd 😁 😀

I think you miss his point.

Saying your brilliant or not, saying your own ideas are brilliant or not, does nothing to make it true, or untrue, however, the fact that you feel the need to label your own ideas as brilliant, in essence patting yourself on the back for how smart you are, is a level of conceit that is often rewarded by those who listen to you completely disregarding whatever it is your saying. The basic philosophy here, the psychology is: They are already impressed enough with their brilliance, why bother checking it out at all.

Many geniuses are in fact misunderstood, just like many geniuses can be found in the world homeless, jobless, and in other dire straits. A fact of the matter is, members of MENSA, the international organization purely meant for those with a recognized genius IQ are actually more likely to end up broke and homeless than those of a more average, or even lesser intelligence quotient. Why, you might ask? Simple, the additional IQ and knowing they are so much smarter than those around them gives these brilliant people a level of arrogance that makes it next to impossible for others to want to deal with them. This is especially true when someone of a so-called 'lesser' mind is put in a position of authority over said genius.

Suffice it to say, those who make suggestions in these forums all think their ideas carry some level of merit, either brilliant in their own right, or possibly inspirational enough to inspire others to build from their foundations into something even better, the difference being, everyone doesn't go around proclaiming how brilliant their ideas are, especially when sometimes, the 'Brilliance' of an idea here is subjective. What you think is a brilliant solution to a problem you see, someone else sees as the actual problem they are wishing to combat in the first place. Everyone is allowed to have an opinion is what you have to understand.

I'm very happy for you in your understanding of your own brilliance, don't get me wrong. Such self-esteem is nice to have in a world that is often down on itself more than it should. Your confidence is staggering to behold, but you need not vocalize it.

By the way, not to toot my own horn, but I've been guilty of what you are doing in the past myself. I was tested into MENSA at the age of 11 and had a HUGE case of Boy-Wonder syndrome where as a younger person in the workforce, I could out-think so many of my elders within the fields we shared as workplaces, and I was burned because of that arrogance as well. My registered IQ is 185, Albert Einstein's was 183, just to put it into perspective, however, IQ has been proven to be just a number when you really look at it. Most IQ tests are a combination of pattern recognition and psychological evaluation tests, not true measures of how smart or clever someone truly is, but more, maybe how much potential said person has to use what brains they do have to solve problems. Common sense, on the other hand, is rarely part of those packages.

Hope this clarifies for you.

• Content Creator

@GamerSeuss you are not familiar with scientific book on how brain works, otherwise you would never messure yourself with IQ tests. IQ test shows nothing. its shows avarage brain people. brilliant brains has low IQ cos it have not standart way of thinking. for example i was going through IQ test and they asked me on what temperature woter boils and i said that i dont know. they thought im stupid but no one know the answer cos watter boils on diffrent temreture depends on atmospheric pressure. on a moon it might boils at 30 degree celsiuse. so iq test shows nothing only how standart your brain is. not geniuse brain.

Brilliant. Simply pure Brilliance. I am stunned at the brilliance shown here. (puts on his shades so that he will no longer be stunned by the bright shining light)

• Content Creator

@Ostaff said in Empty Workshops (Brilliant Solution):

Brilliant. Simply pure Brilliance. I am stunned at the brilliance shown here. (puts on his shades so that he will no longer be stunned by the bright shining light)

i like your post. you understood me 😊 😊

• Content Creator

Why its brilliant because time of item creation is limited. And if u want if faster u have make more workstations. Don't u think its nonsense when u craft in one second? This should not be. Its not Albion when u make 100 swords in 1 minute. Please don't do it.

@boogis If the IQ test you took had the question at what temperature does water boil, it was not an IQ test, general knowledge questions are not a test of IQ.

• TF#5 - LEGATE

@boogis I'm not going to discuss if it's right or not to add a time gate on final product crafting other than on resource refining.
    It might be good, it might be bad, I would accept it, since time gating in crafting processes make resource availability relevant instead of relying on a single crafter to do all the work for "free".
    That said, supposing that they will not implement a time gate for crafting the final product, if the time gate is currently put on refining and you workshop feel empty, why not just put more smelters to parallelize that production and fill the space?

• @boogis said in Empty Workshops (Brilliant Solution):

@GamerSeuss you are not familiar with scientific book on how brain works, otherwise you would never messure yourself with IQ tests. IQ test shows nothing. its shows avarage brain people. brilliant brains has low IQ cos it have not standart way of thinking. for example i was going through IQ test and they asked me on what temperature woter boils and i said that i dont know. they thought im stupid but no one know the answer cos watter boils on diffrent temreture depends on atmospheric pressure. on a moon it might boils at 30 degree celsiuse. so iq test shows nothing only how standart your brain is. not geniuse brain.

hahahahaha

i have no idea how this thread turned into "im smart, you're dumb" debate but water boils at 100C I learned that in 2nd grade.

second, if you took an IQ test and they ask you a general question then it would make sense why you believed that the IQ test you took was legitimate and credible.

As for the thread itself, we're at a point where you have to wait about a day for processes to finish, and honestly it's one of the things that's putting me off on this game. It feels like i'm playing an idle mobile game where I log on every 2-3 hours just to click on something then wait for another 2-3 hours.

I'm here to play an MMORPG not an idle-clicking simulator. You might as well put a timer to my log-ins if we're going add more timers to my timer.

Edit:

And if y'all wanna toot your own horn about how smart you are, trust me you wouldn't be here.
    Or your explanations to why "GeNiUsEs ArE sUfFerRing" wouldn't be as simple as your fragile egos.

This thread is sad but funny.

Copyright © 2021 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured