Is a Quarterstaff a 'Blunt Weapon'?

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

I'm building a fighter toon and looking at the talent tree. There's a nice branch for 'blunt weapon' proficiency and it seems like a quarterstaff would qualify (the 2-handed war hammers do...). But there's no way to verify this.

The weapon description for a couple of weapons that are new for this test explicitly designates them as 'blunt' but quarterstaff doesn't.

Checked the wiki, asked in game. Can someone here help me out? Thanks!

• I don't know now, but in the last test it was a blunt weapon. It's an easy way to test: equip a quarterstaff, create a talent loadout with blunt weapon proficiencies, and one without. Change between the 2 loadouts and check the stats.

• Yep, thats where Fractured still needs some improvements - description of abilities, talents and weapons.
    Does "Double health regeneration" from last STR talent nod double only regen from stats (STRx1 --> STRx2) or "anything that has health regeneration in its name / description" ( from abilities like Verdant regrowth, talents, stats, enchants and potions )? Do bleeds stack and how to increase their potency? If I cast ability thats castable only with melee weapons and switch to ranged, do bonuses persist (like with Ignore Armor - only info stated is "Your next attack ignores [Per*4]% of your victim's armor", type of attack not specified; or Strike wounds where you buff yourself for 30s ... and does such bonus damage crit - same question applies to bonus damage from Wildfire totem)?

There are some non-official guides, but few mechanics would use some enlightment. For example Path of Exile does this well most of the time.

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@Razvan said:

I don't know now, but in the last test it was a blunt weapon. It's an easy way to test: equip a quarterstaff, create a talent loadout with blunt weapon proficiencies, and one without. Change between the 2 loadouts and check the stats.

Thanks for a good idea re workaround. I can do this. I was just hoping someone might know. If it was a blunt weapon in the last test, that's good enough for me 🙆

I have since crafted a warhammer, which is a lovely blunt weapon. DOWN go the wolfpacks in one swing 😉

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured