The City Monopoly Meta

• TF#6 - DIPLOMAT

Yea I don't care what your guild specifically is doing.

The city tech tree, when implemented, will be based on the city level which will encourage more citizens in one city than the minimum to claim and keep it from downranking.

I hope that there is a set of reasons why spreading out and consolidation are both viable.

• Content Creator

@AlejoTheBear said in The City Monopoly Meta:

Yea I don't care what your guild specifically is doing.

The city tech tree, when implemented, will be based on the city level which will encourage more citizens in one city than the minimum to claim and keep it from downranking.

I hope that there is a set of reasons why spreading out and consolidation are both viable.

You will care when this is exploited to gain a major advantage which is then used to destroy what little you have.

This is a HORRIBLE system that only promotes multi-boxing which I warned about almost a year ago. If this is not changed this game is done out of the gates.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

@Nekrage said in The City Monopoly Meta:

"My Suggestion: Completely revamp the resource system. Remove the resource allocated to cities design. Have resource hotspots such as quarries that players would fight and compete for. Fertile Grounds could be removed completely and a slight increase to all farming yields could be applied.

Ok i totally missed that part about detaching resources from the city itself.

While it would be a good idea in principle it would not change the fact that the big companies would camp such locations.

@Nekrage said in The City Monopoly Meta:

Sieges are scheduled content. Not "do as you please". This will not be an issue.

This i completely agree with, it is similar to LiF. But as in LiF it should have vulnerability timers for certain buildings and such in the cities to keep people on their toes. The least i would do is separate the protection of the resource node and the city in some way. Maybe you could spike some kind of raiding totem/flag on the resource node and have the ability to raid a portion of the resources or something and this would not be scheduled but rather it would determine how much you grab by how long you stick around.

Also even if all this is not the case you could still in theory intercept the resources when they transfer them between the cities.

Naturally a lot of this can be circumvented by big companies since they can be online all the time. But they are going to be hungry or resources and will need to transport stuff often so who knows.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured