Currency

• TF#8 - GENERAL AMBASSADOR

Could we get the currency exchange in the shop? Not everyone is from Europe and being able to see what the US dollar exchange is would be really nice so I don't have to look up the US price.

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@TrueCrimsonFTW

When asking question like this, you really should tag @Specter or @Prometheus to get a rapid response. And an even faster way to get an answer to is message them in Discord, or ask the question on the discord questions channel with them tagged.

And I do agree, that it would be a very helpful addition to the store. And of course, the perfect solution would be just to show you your countries dollar amount period by doing lookups to the exchange based on your nationality and showing it.

@Ostaff Yeah I am in the US so that currency rate is confusing for me and my friends. I have 3 friends who are thinking about buying keys but keep forgetting the transaction rate.

@TrueCrimsonFTW said in Currency:

eah I am in the US so that currency rate is confusing

how it is confusing? there's always google $ to € and it'll tell you, then you can type in the cost of the euro and it'll let you know the amount in $. it's literally never been so simple.

@Jetah yeah but google changes so much and then you have tax (I don't know the EU tax system). It would just more straight forward if we were told.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

@TrueCrimsonFTW you will see full price before payment. I mean if it works with russian ruble so it will work with USD too.

@Volkolam But it being posted in the shop would be nice.

• Content Creator

The reason it doesn't get posted in the shops is because, like google, the actual currency conversion is always dynamically changing, and they don't want a potential player opening up a shop window, leaving it open for 3 days, then deciding to purchase, and getting upset because the currency rate has changed on them again. This is why the final currency conversion is done at checkout only. Until checkout, the rates are only theoretical, afterall. You can't lock in a rate by simply keeping a purchase window open.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

@GamerSeuss said in Currency:

The reason it doesn't get posted in the shops is because, like google, the actual currency conversion is always dynamically changing, and they don't want a potential player opening up a shop window, leaving it open for 3 days, then deciding to purchase, and getting upset because the currency rate has changed on them again. This is why the final currency conversion is done at checkout only. Until checkout, the rates are only theoretical, afterall. You can't lock in a rate by simply keeping a purchase window open.

I disagree with this: - well parts to it. As a customer, the customer journey should be as simple and as painless as possible. if you have committed to a purchase and then, as the journey progresses, the price starts to creep up, it is very disheartening and ends in no sale.

Appreciating the technical difficulties in this, it is not completely unfeasible. I have similar issues when I am purchasing stuff from USA; TAX, Conversion fees - Simply allow them to buy with their native currency and remove the block?

It is then the merchant that converts rather than the customer.

@GamerSeuss Ah I didn't think of that. I am just so used to companies showing all currency rates depending on your location.

• Content Creator

@Talzus said in Currency:

@GamerSeuss said in Currency:

I disagree with this: - well parts to it. As a customer, the customer journey should be as simple and as painless as possible. if you have committed to a purchase and then, as the journey progresses, the price starts to creep up, it is very disheartening and ends in no sale.

Appreciating the technical difficulties in this, it is not completely unfeasible. I have similar issues when I am purchasing stuff from USA; TAX, Conversion fees - Simply allow them to buy with their native currency and remove the block?

It is then the merchant that converts rather than the customer.

It may not even be a block...it depends on who they use as their Merchant Account to handle their Overseas Transactions. Its simply not as simple as you think it is. The currency conversion and fees are always changing, that is the nature of eCommerce today. You have a short window to get something at a certain fixed price before said price is adjusted for currency issues. That's it. Don't like it, you can always use PayPal and convert part of your PayPal bank into Euros and keep it in Euros just for Overseas purchases. The conversion will then be fixed at the time you convert your bank. PayPal is not the only system out there that allows you to have a separate funding source by currency, and speculators use market shifts to make and lose money all the time.

They would only be able to put a set USD price on it if they decide on a set USD price. They probably have no intention of setting prices for individual countries, as that would put even more things on their to do list, and countries that don't get their own conversion rate would complain and so on. If it is set in Euros, the price never changes, it's just the exchange rates changing as they always do. So I totally aggree with what @GamerSeuss said.

I live in Aus, so the currency exchange is different again. Should I have them create a set price for my country too? No, I don't think so. To them, they are making the same amount of money every time. Why should they create prices for every country to then have their sales be a less reliable source of income? especially if their currency becomes worth more, meaning they'd be making less money off US sales, instead of the same amount.

If you were develope a game... would you want to have a USD pricing, an australian pricing, a euro pricing, an english pound pricing, a russian ruble pricing, a chinese pricing, a taiwan pricing, a japan pricing and so on? Image how much work that'd put on your shoulders trying to appease everyone? It isn't worth it.

@Xzait said in Currency:

If you were develope a game... would you want to have a USD pricing, an australian pricing, a euro pricing, an english pound pricing, a russian ruble pricing, a chinese pricing, a taiwan pricing, a japan pricing and so on? Image how much work that'd put on your shoulders trying to appease everyone? It isn't worth it.

i'll just drop this info from their merchant

https://xsolla.com/global-reach

JOIN OVER 200 MARKETS WITHOUT LEAVING HOME

700+ Payment methods
    130+ Currencies
    20+ Languages

https://inside.xsolla.com/how-to-help-players-get-what-they-want-fe8a7c997fda

Use Local Currency and Pricing

Prices should be set in local currency and the payment options should be the most popular local payment options available. Banks almost always charge an additional percentage for conversion and some payment systems are unavailable in certain regions, so be sure to pay special attention to these details. Local payment options help you increase the speed of payment processing and keep the player from paying any additional charge.

and finally:

Make your game, products, and goods available in 200+ geographies and 20+ languages with instant, compliant access to 700+ payments methods and 130+ currencies.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured