Handcart and building permissions question

• TF#8 - GENERAL AMBASSADOR

If someone places a blueprint for a handcart but you put the resources in and build it, does the original owner of the blueprint still retain ownership of the handcart? do you share ownership at that point?

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@th3mistocles If you build someone else's handcart, you are not able to use it. They keep ownership of the blueprint.

I kinda wish you can have control over it, or at least change its permission.

That way friends/guildmates can move it or help you load and unload. It's also quite bothersome to see random carts everywhere, or unfinished carts being left in the middle of nowhere.

• Wiki Editor

@Zori said in Handcart and building permissions question:

I kinda wish you can have control over it, or at least change its permission.

That way friends/guildmates can move it or help you load and unload. It's also quite bothersome to see random carts everywhere, or unfinished carts being left in the middle of nowhere.

Yeah, agree. They should be treated like chests in that regard since they're basically just draggable storage. Thinking about it, I believe it's the only thing in my house a co-owner can't use or access.

• TF#8 - GENERAL AMBASSADOR

The reason I ask this is because yesterday in the city of Atrium I was more or less bored and went around adding to people's unfinished items, houses etc. One person had a house just started and had a blueprint for a cart nearby placed but did not have any resources in it. I built the cart but was surprised I was able to interact with it. I expected I would get the "you to not have permission" message but seemed like I was able to access the cart even though it wasn't my blueprint...

Has anyone else tested this?

• Wiki Editor

Did a lot of testing with @ladyrowan this morning on this on my plot.

Here are the general rules I found based on the tests below.

1. I can always delete the cart no matter how many materials I put in and regardless of if I do the final build.

2. Whoever puts 75% (9 out of 12) of the materials in they own it regardless of who does the final build. An exception is if the person that committed 75% of the materials logs off then logs back in (including exiting the game) and someone else finishes the cart that person owns it.

Tests done
    If I put 0/12 materials in; other person finishes it; they own it; I can't use it.
    If I put 1/12 materials in; other person finishes it; they own it; I can't use it.
    If I put 4/12 materials in; other person finishes it; they own it; I can't use it.
    If I put 6/12 materials in; other person owns it regardless of who builds it; I can't use it.
    If I put 7/12 materials in, other person owns it regardless of who builds it; I can't use it.
    If I put 8/12 materials in, other person owns it regardless of who builds it; I can't use it.
    If I put 9/12 materials in and build it; I own it; other person can't use it.
    If I put 11/12 materials in regardless of who builds it, I own it; other person can't use it.
    If they put 9/12 materials in; exit game and log back in; I finish it; I own it.
    If they put 9/12 materials in; log out and back in; I finish it; I own it.
    If I put 9/12 materials in; log out then back in; they finish it; they own it; I can't use it.
    If I put 9/12 materials in; exit game and log back in; they finish it; they own it; I can't use it.

Also tested with Small Chest and Milling Station - I owned those regardless of materials put in or who finishes build.

Oh hellz yeah. I guess they changed the mechanics at some point then!! ^c^

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured