Looking for Wiki feedback

• Wiki Editor

First, in case anyone doesn't know, the wiki is at https://fractured.gamepedia.com/ (also linked on Fractured site under Community -> Wiki).

I'm asking since I see many questions in forum and in game where the answer is on the wiki. It makes me wonder if people know about it and if so, is it too hard to find information.

I'm looking for feedback such as:

• Did you know it even existed?
    • Is it easy to find things?
    • Does the layout make sense?
    • Is there anything missing that could make it better?

Specific examples would be welcomed.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

@kellewic Question. I love the Wiki but haven't checked it in months; does it reflect the information conveyed by Prometheus in his recent Q&As with Oxfurd or his forum posts?

• Wiki Editor

@Alexian said in Looking for Wiki feedback:

@kellewic Question. I love the Wiki but haven't checked it in months; does it reflect the information conveyed by Prometheus in his recent Q&As with Oxfurd or his forum posts?

Not usually since most of what is talked about is future state of the game which can (and many times does) change by the time it gets added or there's just not enough information to really do anything with. An example from the last Q&A I think it was is siege weapons. We know there will be a few types, but that's about it. No real information on the mechanics, what it takes to build one, how/where they can be placed, what time frame sieges happen, etc.

Some information from Prometheus' Q&As and forum posts make it to the wiki especially if they clear up any confusion on game mechanics. I stalk him pretty regularly on the forums as well as Specter 🙂

Mostly though, the information on the wiki comes from the few of us maintaining it going into game during tests and validating and finding new items, creatures, blueprints, skills, etc. since we don't know what changes from test to test.

In a few cases we receive information/clarification from Prometheus/Specter but it's not common and that has been limited to game mechanics formulas recently put on the wiki. I think many people had questions on how that stuff worked so we got it out on the wiki to hopefully answer those questions.

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

Thank you and the rest of the wiki editors for working on this!

I think that so far, the project is coming along nicely and I look forward to seeing the updates.

As far as feedback, would it be possible to add Tabs on the left side for Town/House and Crafting/Equipment related information? I suggest this, because on the main page we do have this section here, https://i.imgur.com/4mg447J.png

But there doesn't seem to be a section for it here: https://i.imgur.com/mY7UtAC.png

Currently if I click another section, then the only way to get back to a link for the Town/House/Crafting/Equipment sections would be to go back to the Main Page, which is not as intuitive if someone is just looking down the left list of topics on the wiki.

[Edit]- Changed the actual screenshots into just the imgur links because it took up way too much space 😂 sorry!

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

Yes I knew. I like how it looks.

The only thing missing is more content 😉 but that takes time and more info.

Link to back would be nice as mentioned above. 🙂

• Wiki Editor

@Harleyyelrah @Gothix Yes, that is doable. Will work on it.

• Wiki Editor

@kellewic said in Looking for Wiki feedback:

@Harleyyelrah @Gothix Yes, that is doable. Will work on it.

Was going to do it later today, but decided to just do it now 🙂

Can find the new links under BASICS heading. This also made me realize we need to work on the Items/Equipment pages.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured