❗ Issue | Goldsellers and DDoS attacks

• TF#3 - ENVOY

Heya one of the most common problems once the game goes live are DDoS attacks (happend to Albion online too). So do you think to be prepared for those kind of attacks? Mostly hired also by gold-sellers when you try to stop hem! So do you plan to stop goldsellers? What's the approch of Dynamight Studios about Goldsellers and DDoS attacks :)?

As you know at launch the first one or two months are really important for the community and usually DDoS makes the server unusable for this period with the consequence that the players run away, so be carefull ;)

• TF#3 - ENVOY

DDos attacks is a technical problem, there should be systems that can prevent such attacks.

More problematic are goldseller.
    The company could drive a hard course with them.
    But more important is it, that the playerbase don't want them and nobody takes their service.
    Goldseller are there, because a bunch of stupid and retarded player use them. Each person who ever buy ingame currency or items from them are guilty to destroy the game with this attitude!

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

I imagine also that in the first few weeks or months there will not be actually much to buy with the gold since with a player-driven economy useful/powerful equipment and items will be either nonexistent or very rare. So people who want to actually buy powerful items or property will actually need to play the game to find the items. So this may make gold buyying in the first while fairly useless.

• TF#2 - MESSENGER

they have a year to think about this.

PvP will stop many of the goldsellers if demons and evil humans are capable of going to Arboreus to kill them.

If there is a report system that mutes the person after x reports, then it'd help with spam.

Giving players the option to directly buy from the developer is another way to curb some gold spam. This could be an item from the shop that can be traded then consumed for a subscription or shop funds.

Not sure about DDoS attacks because that is the network.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

Gold nets rely on a free global economy and a wide-reaching chat to function. If you don't have both of these, gold sellers can't operate efficiently and won't bother trying when other games are faster and easier to make profit off of.

• TF#3 - ENVOY

Well if there will be an option to exchange Dynamight Gold for in game currency and vice versa, trust me that you will see alot Gold Sellers

• TF#2 - MESSENGER

@fibs

Even in games without open trading, I've seen account services spam. either account leveling, certain grinding, certain achievements, etc.

Fractured is ripe for the 'buy now service all skills unlock trust fast safe service vip 65121546'

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

@jetah Skill trainers are different from gold nets, though, and not as much of a priority to get rid of as they don't proactively and heavily damage the game for non-customers.

• TF#2 - MESSENGER

@fibs it will make a difference in a game like Fractured.

It also goes against the 'spirit of the game'.

• TF#3 - ENVOY

Any ddos attacks just show that this game is damn good.

• TF#2 - MESSENGER

@jetah said in ❗ Issue | Goldsellers and DDoS attacks:

PvP will stop many of the goldsellers if demons and evil humans are capable of going to Arboreus to kill them.

Me like this, me like this, me like this!

Imagine a mechanic at which the Beastmen (players who play at Arboreus) can call humans in their planet in order to deal with gold farmers. For example, the beastmen gather resources and activate a stargate or something like that. Yeah, sure I doubt that people would call Demons but that could be possible as well.

And/or, imagine the devs, who will have info/data at gold farming, will create events at which humans and/or demons are allowed to go to Arboreus in order to deal with the gold farmers.

Back at SWTOR, when I was at a pvp server, I used to kill some of those. Mostly they were showing "bot behavior" but sometimes they were showing "human behavior", it was weird. Probably someone was taking over the otherwise bot.

But yeah, I can imagine humans and demons being a natural enemy of gold farmers and as such I want that mechanic(s).

• TF#2 - MESSENGER

Humans (both evil and good, depending how this mechanic will be implemented) as well as Demons can be a natural deterrent for gold farmers.

We all know that gold selling is bad, and we all know that some people will buy gold no matter what. In order for gold selling to occur, gold farming is a prerequisite. It is to be expected that gold farmers will take advantage of the peaceful nature of the beast planet in order to farm gold. In order to deterrent them, we can employ pvp. Sure many pvers won't like the idea of pvp at their planet (although the game is based on that concept, e.g demon invasions) but this can be dealt with as well.

I think it will be possible for the devs to create a flag system in order to detect possible gold farming bot accounts. If the gold farming bots that I have encountered (and used to kill :P) at a pvp server at SWTOR are any indication, these seem to be running from point A to point B back to point A and kill mobs/NPCs that drop significant loot/gold. This repetitive action alongside the accumulation of wealth can be used in order to flag a potential bot. Sure, innocent real players who farm may be detect by the said algorithm as well. After all, I first met the aforementioned gold farming bots that I used to kill, when I went to a zone that was dropping good gear/gold. But how long can a human farm per day? 4 hours? A human can't farm 24/7 a bot does exactly that. A human will farm 10-20% of his/her total game time with the rest being raiding, pvp, dungeons, exploration, crafting etc. Bots are farming 24/7. Players are talking with each other, bots aren't and so on. Last but not least; So far I am talking about finding a potential bot. The automatic way will detect potential bots, then a dev or a bunch of players or whatever will go and confirm that the said account is a bot. Then the bot will be flagged accordingly and will have an evil affiliation or something similar. When a bunch of bots have been flagged the devs may initiate an event at which "good humans" will enter Arboreus and they will be rewarded when they will be killing the bots. As "good" humans will enter Arboreus it is expected that they won't attack innocent beasties.

Alternatively I suppose the devs can also just deactivate the bot accounts but this won't be as much fun.

Also alternatively the devs may opt not to detect those gold farming bot accounts and just allow periodically humans (both evil and good) and demons to enter Arboreus in order to, hopefully, find and kill gold farming bots as well.

PS

These thoughts were initiated after reading the following

https://forum.fracturedmmo.com/topic/1168/issue-goldsellers-and-ddos-attacks/11

• TF#5 - LEGATE

If there are goldsellers bots what stops them from being a horde of PKers and earning this way on Arboreus?

Much better system I think is relying on reports from people - if enough players (between 100 and 500 maybe?) report that someone is a bot/goldseller his account is suspended, he can then send a ticked to have this checked/fixed. Or at least his ability to trade with other players is suspended so he cannot sell anything to other players while it's still possible to play if it's false accusation.

• TF#6 - Diplomat

@phaethonas said in ❗ Issue | Goldsellers and DDoS attacks:

@jetah said in ❗ Issue | Goldsellers and DDoS attacks:

Me like this, me like this, me like this!

Imagine a mechanic at which the Beastmen (players who play at Arboreus) can call humans in their planet in order to deal with gold farmers. For example, the beastmen gather resources and activate a stargate or something like that. Yeah, sure I doubt that people would call Demons but that could be possible as well.

And/or, imagine the devs, who will have info/data at gold farming, will create events at which humans and/or demons are allowed to go to Arboreus in order to deal with the gold farmers.

Back at SWTOR, when I was at a pvp server, I used to kill some of those. Mostly they were showing "bot behavior" but sometimes they were showing "human behavior", it was weird. Probably someone was taking over the otherwise bot.

But yeah, I can imagine humans and demons being a natural enemy of gold farmers and as such I want that mechanic(s).

I prefer the goldfarmers simply get banned, instead of players having to deal with the issue themselves.

• TF#6 - Diplomat

How about the devs ban the goldfarmers instead of having the players deal with them?

Besides, goldfarmers screw up the economy and because of full loot, their ill-received gold won't leave the economy once they get killed. PKing goldfarmers is great way to launder farmed gold.

• TF#3 - ENVOY

@vengu said in ❗ Issue | Goldsellers and DDoS attacks:

I prefer the goldfarmers simply get banned, instead of players having to deal with the issue themselves.

Yeah that would be better

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

Depending on how the trade system works the bots will likely need to interact with real players in order to sell things for the gold. This might make your algorithm much more difficult to implement. While system generated npc shops are likely, unless we will be expected to mint our own currency, I would doubt they will have an unlimited inventory.

• TF#5 - LEGATE

@morridin said in PvP at the beast planet as a deterrent for gold farming:

I would doubt they will have an unlimited inventory.

It's confirmed that inventory will be limited. Even very limited. Merchants will need carts to transport goods.

I've merged both threads about goldsellers.

Also, I'm going to move this thread to general discussions because it's more of a discussion than a question at this point. I'm not forgetting the questions though, and I shall forward those to the devs. ;) I assume the stance of the developers will be similiar to that of other games.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

I believe that, as gold bots are characters that are not controlled by players, they should be treated as NPCs by the game engine.

That is, they should be used as stock NPCs that are killed to show how powerful the enemy that just spawned is, and will be selected by any assassin NPC quests that send players to assassinate specific NPCs.

Copyright © 2018 Dynamight Studios | Fractured

Looks like your connection to Fractured Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.