Are you a PVP or PVE player?

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

Mostly PVE

• TF#2 - MESSENGER

I don't enjoy PvP in MMORPGs the majority of the time. Normally in MMORPGs the person who can spend the most time online is the strongest and it's very rarely a fair fight. I can't compete with time based power, I just don't have that much time to be on a game gaining it.

Personally I feel that a lot of skilled PvP players play games that equalize everybody and take real skill rather than just overpowering somebody because you've been building up in the game longer than they have. It's why there are so many gankers in MMORPGs, a great many of the people who want an actual PvP contest get their PvP elsewhere where things are more equal. We get a lot of leftover people who want to gank people lower than they are and mess with people who don't want to be involved in PvP at all. I know that's not all of them obviously, but we get a lot like that.

Saying most people enjoy PvP is not true. Most MMORPGs that have separate PvP and PvE servers have far far greater population on the PvE servers (this isn't always the case but usually). There is a far greater PvE population of MMORPG players than PvP.

I'm hoping the PvE here is done right where they don't try to lure us into PvP zones by putting the best resources there or something so the PKers have people to gank. It seems despite these games having more PvE players than PvP players they often lean towards trying to keep the PvP players happy and giving them people to kill who don't want to be involved in PvP by putting stuff in PvP zones that can't be got elsewhere, the best loot, quests, the best monsters or bosses, etc. And that isn't that fun for people looking for a PvE experience.

There are so many games out though, that they can do whatever they want and we'll just either play or not based on what they choose to do. I'd rather they did a good PvE job so I could stay here and enjoy playing (and in fact it's the only reason I'm here because I read an article saying no forced PvP), but if they don't I'll just go elsewhere to one of the tons of other games out there rather than stick around squawking trying to get things changed 😸

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

Mostly PvE but sometimes I like a nice PvP battle 🙂

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@mewmew said in Are you a PVP or PVE player?:

I don't enjoy PvP in MMORPGs the majority of the time. Normally in MMORPGs the person who can spend the most time online is the strongest and it's very rarely a fair fight. I can't compete with time based power, I just don't have that much time to be on a game gaining it.

Personally I feel that a lot of skilled PvP players play games that equalize everybody and take real skill rather than just overpowering somebody because you've been building up in the game longer than they have. It's why there are so many gankers in MMORPGs, a great many of the people who want an actual PvP contest get their PvP elsewhere where things are more equal. We get a lot of leftover people who want to gank people lower than they are and mess with people who don't want to be involved in PvP at all. I know that's not all of them obviously, but we get a lot like that.

Saying most people enjoy PvP is not true. Most MMORPGs that have separate PvP and PvE servers have far far greater population on the PvE servers (this isn't always the case but usually). There is a far greater PvE population of MMORPG players than PvP.

I'm hoping the PvE here is done right where they don't try to lure us into PvP zones by putting the best resources there or something so the PKers have people to gank. It seems despite these games having more PvE players than PvP players they often lean towards trying to keep the PvP players happy and giving them people to kill who don't want to be involved in PvP by putting stuff in PvP zones that can't be got elsewhere, the best loot, quests, the best monsters or bosses, etc. And that isn't that fun for people looking for a PvE experience.

There are so many games out though, that they can do whatever they want and we'll just either play or not based on what they choose to do. I'd rather they did a good PvE job so I could stay here and enjoy playing (and in fact it's the only reason I'm here because I read an article saying no forced PvP), but if they don't I'll just go elsewhere to one of the tons of other games out there rather than stick around squawking trying to get things changed 😸

Copying my comment from MassivelyOP here:

Well, if you’re a completionist, you will certainly have to go to the PvP planets sometime to get everything. With that said, as far as I am aware it’s certainly possible for players to stay on their own planet if they so desire.

You don’t have to worry about endgame being locked behind PvP. While every planet has it’s own unique resources, it’s more about variety rather than specific endgame resources that are better than others. The beastmen planet has lots of wood for example while the human planet has lots of metal. Now you might think, what if I want plate armor for my beastmen character? Well, in Fractured, equipment is more than just a stat boost. There’s a climate system and some pieces of clothing are better than others in certain environments. For all we know, large parts of the beastmen planet just aren’t suitable for plate armor. Also, if you need a resource from a PvP planet to craft a specific item you want, you can always buy that resource from an other player.

In terms of endgame content like quests and events, the beastmen planet will actually have the most PvE events to make up for the fact that they have none of the big PvP events.

PvP will be scarce on the beastmen world. Not impossible, but hard to do due to the debuffs players with an evil alignment suffer from the moment they set foot on the beastmen planet. Also, it’s hinted at that the beastmen will be buffed while on their own planet, further turning the gankers who do try into free loot. It’s an interesting approach for sure, give evil alignment players a way to enter the peaceful world to complete their characters, but debuff them to prevent them from laying waste to the world.

I enjoy PvE more, i try making friends not fighting them on sight 😛

• TF#6 - DIPLOMAT

@wyld-wolfdragon said in Are you a PVP or PVE player?:

I enjoy PvE more, i try making friends not fighting them on sight 😛

The best approach. Am joining the pacifistic PvE club here :slight_smile:

• TF#2 - MESSENGER

Always PvE for me. I've never liked PvP. :slight_smile:

• TF#11 - PROCONSUL

I am mostly a PvE player. Arena / BG style PvP is ok, but I usually refrain from open world PvP

• TF#2 - MESSENGER

mostly PvE because I like coop more than PvP

• TF#2 - MESSENGER

PVP is hit or miss for me. I prefer PVE generally speaking but have done my hours in nullsec EVE Online and stuff so I get it, somewhat

• TF#4 - EMISSARY

I like both, PvE and PvP.

One big exception is, if you can die by just a few hits in PvP as a tanky character. I like PvP very much, when every player has a fair chance to win and there are no overpowered "builds". Another kind of PvP I do not really like is, when you have to be in a big group to succeed all the time.

In such cases I likely stay in PvE.

• TF#3 - ENVOY

I'm more of a PVE player because my PVP skills are comparable to that of a potato. That said, coming from AA (rip that game in general ;-;) I do really enjoy the idea of having open-world PVP available to create interesting player dynamics and relationships, cause I found it added this sort of tension that made being a merchant super fun, and personally would love to see that in this game in some form.

Then again, balance is a fine line to walk. Ping and OP gankers are always terrible, evil enemies and I'm not sure how that's going to be sorted, so we'll see how it goes I guess o:

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@somn said in Are you a PVP or PVE player?:

I do really enjoy the idea of having open-world PVP available to create interesting player dynamics and relationships, cause I found it added this sort of tension that made being a merchant super fun, and personally would love to see that in this game in some form.

It seems fine at first but if u lose hours of work in game because some players just killed you while you were on the way to sell goods it won't seem as fun. At least not after 3rd time 😉

I like doing both. Sometimes i am in the mood for PvE sometimes for PvP but best fun for me is when they are combined.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

Open world PvP with perma-death if you're red would be nice 😄 That way the true PKers would risk their life for "real". Like real bandits - big rewards but big risk.

• TF#2 - MESSENGER

So people will just group up until they can't lose fo real, you wont be able to travel or sell things somewhere if there is always a zerg camping at the gates. I would love for big groups to have some disadvantages. Because at times people ran around with swords and axes they didn't use the internet to coordinate like 100 people, there was delay and visible signs and shouted commands.
    Not sure how to force this in games though

• I enjoy the PVE aspect in an open world where events change the world ( such as killing all the goblins in an area removes the spawn from that area untill the goblins start an event to take back that area.) I also enjoy having pvp in pve areas. I myself am not a PK'er but I enjoy hunting the evil scum down for rewards. and if all they have are storys of killers in a town that i have to hunt down only to find its some lame npc, i get board fast. I also enjoy a hard core or single charicter aspect. I am the type to have every single open charicter slot filled and so i will take months to make it half way through a game. and then i get board and quit. if i was forced to have one or maybe 2 toons then i would progress much further in the game and it would become that much more rich in story to me.

• TF#11 - PROCONSUL

I usually tend towards PvE, focusing on resource gathering and crafting. But that's normally because I lack the time to grind my way up to being competitive in PvP.

If entry-level players really can be competitive in PvP as advertised, then that means that for Fractured I'll probably give demons a go first. It's completely against the grain of how I normally approach an MMO... I think EVE has possibly toughened me up a bit: I really want to go pillage and plunder the humans and carebears in this setting.

Hmmm. Content. 🙂

It will all depend on implementation though. Too soon to say.

I mostly enjoy PVE. That is probably cuz I mostly suck at PVP

• TF#2 - MESSENGER

I like PvE =w=

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured