No grind for real?

• TF#2 - MESSENGER

I don't know why people say it isn't going to have a grind. There's always some sort of grind. In Fractured it is no different. You have to grind specific mobs until you unlock specific spells... and then until you unlock talents... you will have to grind to collect currency to buy land or goods, or grind the goods themselves. It isn't "levels" but it is. Each mob unlocks spells gated by knowledge level with that mob. It is a cool system, but it is still a grind. That being said, it takes basically no time at all to grind the mobs. Getting to the mobs was the real grind.

• TF#9 - FIRST AMBASSADOR

The original question was about this:

JUMP RIGHT
    INTO THE ACTION

Tired of MMOs where the fun begins 80 hours after you’ve started playing? In Fractured, you’re free to join your friends in the most epic adventures right off the bat. Once the strengths and weaknesses of your character are set, you’ll be on a quest for knowledge and reputation, not attribute points!

And if he could - technically - jump in with a new character as a skilled veteran of the game and participate in PvP with other veterans. Or help people with bosses. And yeah, technically spells like firebolt won't be any stronger from grinding, farming or something. The sole difference is the number and variety of skills you have. And your gear of course.

• @Freas
    And the fact that seasoned characters have better loadouts, more specialized versions of abilities and the talent tree unlocked. I think it's dishonest to say new characters are equal to seasoned ones, and it's easy to test this next alpha, but unlike in the vast majority of MMOs, you can pretty much be useful in pvx after a day of farming.

• TF#9 - FIRST AMBASSADOR

@Razvan Exactly. So I concluded, that you should be on par with any enemy after about 6 hours, if you know what you are doing - without any fast travel. Because you can basically perfectly calculate what you need for your gear.

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

just remember that mob grinding can be adjusted. i'd always assume alpha will be faster, adjusted during beta, and finalized before release or open beta.

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@OldMule said in No grind for real?:

I don't know why people say it isn't going to have a grind. There's always some sort of grind. In Fractured it is no different. You have to grind specific mobs until you unlock specific spells... and then until you unlock talents... you will have to grind to collect currency to buy land or goods, or grind the goods themselves. It isn't "levels" but it is. Each mob unlocks spells gated by knowledge level with that mob. It is a cool system, but it is still a grind. That being said, it takes basically no time at all to grind the mobs. Getting to the mobs was the real grind.

True. It does not matter how much the grind is sugar coated, it will still be grind. However, some grinds are more tedious than others, so there is differences, obviously.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured