Support/Healer type builds

• TF#5 - LEGATE

Cant wait to see what difference the talent tree stuff makes to this. Not to mention new spells.

As for consumables, personally they should be all minor, and player spells come more into play. eg a heal from some one with high INT does a much larger heal then a bandage(and some one with low/base INT) or has been said at the least causes a small heal over time.

Also am I mistaken in seeing that buffs given by players are based on the person receiving stats and not caster? (hope that changes).

• This post is deleted!

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

I am also interested of that support part but not that much about the healing. Buffing and protecting allies sounds kind of interesting, however, I am more interested of abilities which focus to distract the enemies with debuffs, CCs and such.

• Honestly, I deeply dislike the idea of healers and buffers. Most people find healing boring, but you can't have a party without healers. Over the years I lost countless hours in mmorpgs just searching for healers. Buffers are even more boring and rare, so the most reasonable solution is to buy another account and bring your own bufferslave. I wish someone tried a mmorpg with only self healing and self buffing where everyone is either a DD, tank or CC-type character.

• Wiki Editor

@Razvan Hmm i do not think healing is boring. If you have a good system, healing is the most exciting and important job.
    The problem not to find healer are mostly based into the playerbase. People who don't appreciate the healings effort, because they think it is an "easy" and "boring" job and can be easily made.
    Healer are always the "assholes", because they always get the blame, if a people in group is dying, no matter of the real reason.
    Thats the cause most Healer don't like "Trottel-Lotto" (means Dumbass Lotto), but walking just with their own groups, with people who highly appreciate to have this Healer.

@Kralith said in Support/Healer type builds:

@Razvan Hmm i do not think healing is boring. If you have a good system, healing is the most exciting and important job.

That is more like an opinion rather than a fact. 😉 Good system of course helps players to like more about healing but even a good healing system does not make it generally most interesting or more important than any other roles. Typically the roles are somewhat equal, at least in holy trinity systems that so many MMORPGs relies.

The problem not to find healer are mostly based into the playerbase. People who don't appreciate the healings effort, because they think it is an "easy" and "boring" job and can be easily made.

From my experience healing and tanking appeals players (in general) less than damage dealing why those are typically minority in group compositions. It is notable that tanks and healers usually have more responsibility which makes them less appealing as well. It is usually easier to run a DPS class when you do not have to be the main responsible person to keep others alive. I do not think healing is an easy task and I have not hear anyone said that either. I do not personally heal because I am not simply good enough to keep people alive, and on top of that I like more to kill other people, or play as a tank in some cases. Regardless how good the healing system will be, most likely I will not play as a healer. However, everyone who decides to heal, gets my respect.

@Tuoni said in Support/Healer type builds:

ore responsibility which makes them less appealing as well. It is usually easier to run a DPS class when you do not have to be the main responsible p

Sorry @Kralith I have to gree with @Tuoni here. Even though I personally like healing and tanking (though I mostly like being a controller mage), from my experience people (especially the younger ones with inflated egos) want to be the BEST Damage dealers. They see it as the best cause of the bragging rights and want to be at the top of the charts as the bad ass of the game. They love to kill and dominate, not support and defend. This is also why you normally see very few different types of characters, they will cookie-cutter copy the ones before them, and used what is deemed to be the best at the time.

So with that said, I think healers will always be harder to find or used as an alt character for a lot of people. Still, I hope the game makes it so we need healers and tanks, so we can have fun with those roles.

• @Kralith said in Support/Healer type builds:

@Razvan Hmm i do not think healing is boring.

I said that most people find healing boring.
    Maybe I picked my words badly. I didn't mean that healing is boring or easy. I meant that most people would rather play other roles and it's hard to find a healer. The rest of my point is better explained by Tuoni and Ostaff.

PS:

Healer are always the "assholes", because they always get the blame,

Life as a tank is not much better either. Not only you get blamed just as much, but also dying cuts your pockets in games with repairs.

It would be cool to have frontline healers smashing enemies from melee range and healing nearby allies at the same time.

• TF#5 - LEGATE

I love healing/support based classes. I feel its has to be something you enjoy, personal preference.

In ever game I play its the type of role ill lean towards just ask my guild, which makes it much easier to find a healer/support and tanks for that matter if your guild rocks and isn't just some ten second guild which pops outta no where for a single game then disappears again.

self healing self buffing sound like a great solo game 🙂

• Wiki Editor

I played support in every mmorpg i played and i usually liked it, but it heavily depends on a group i am playing with. In Fractured, since there is no limitation on how you can build your character, you have advantage of being able to build your support exactly as you want to fit your playstyle.
    In some games i liked healing while casting buffs on my allies in mass pvp in other games it was healing and debuffing enemies.
    What kind of support you like guys?

• Wiki Editor

@Ostaff an @Tuoni yeah for sure it is just an opinion by me, will make it next time more clear. 😉

For the rest i am going with you, even with @Razvan, the only thing in my opinion is, that it would be wrong to keep a whole playerbase outside, who like it to be supporte/healer.
    Ask @Shivashanti, he would have a big problem to like the game, if he would not be able to play a supporter/healer, because he has most fun in games to play such a role.

• TF#5 - LEGATE

@GorTavaro I loved the healing/support in Archeage, you couldn't spam your skills, some of them you had to be close range, some healing/buff skills pending on what chain you used was a debuff to enemys.

@GorTavaro I played in Albion a support build which mixed buffing, debuffing and damage dealing. I played with a Demonic staff which could affect DoTs for pressure damage, armor pierce to cause armor reduction or create AoE healing debuff on certain area. I also run with leather armor so I could play more closer frontline, however, I sacrificed some damage this way. If I wanted to go full support I could even choose Druid cowl's AoE energy replenish and knight boots for protective shield to help my team mates. However, most of the times I chose other cowls or boots for self-sustain or extra damage and my focus was in the debuffing. Something similar I could also play in Fractured, at least with one character.

• @Razvan This is correct for most people. In fractured however it looks like supporters can go pet hybrid way (so far CHA and INT are necessary for support and as healing cant crit and you dont need high accuracy to heal, my bet is if you meet petmaster, he will also support/heal you 24/7). Summoners/pet masters tend to be way stronger solo as well.

However I sure hope stats of caster do affect the power of buffs/heals in the end, or your own buffer slave will be useless 😕 Imo best way "holy trinity" was presented was in Guild Wars 2, where everyone was fully independent.

• TF#2 - MESSENGER

I normally play healer/support or tank. I'm interested how they will handle these roles or if they even will.

• TF#5 - LEGATE

@Loyheta Hell ye .. Hope so as well. Next alpha test should be to far off 🙂

@Loyheta said in Support/Healer type builds:

I normally play healer/support or tank. I'm interested how they will handle these roles or if they even will.

For PvE I expect something very tradtional holy trinity party distribution, however, because the number of group members can vary a lot in most of the open world activities, we can see different kind of mixes in builds. Anyway, I expect tanks to behave like in many other MMOs, agro and control mobs.

For PvP we are most likely going to see a little bit different tank behaviour and I expect to see them be more like frontline distractors who dive in to CC (silence, stun, root, push back, breaking formation) the enemies and perhaps even focus to the healers. When CC and offensive abilitites are on cooldown tanks come out (perhaps with help of defensives) for heals and waiting abilities to be ready for another dive. I presume these CC abilitites will be used to decrease the pressure from allies as well especially if the healers have hard time with enemy players.

• @Tuoni
    For tanks in PvP it mostly depends on how aoe heavy the game is and to a lesser extend how do CCs stack.
    Dedicated healers will be a thing regardless.

• TF#5 - LEGATE

@Razvan Ye i feel regardless there will always be a need for healers at least from what i felt in the last open test.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured