Open Question to Developers.

• TF#8 - GENERAL AMBASSADOR

As someone who's interested in PVP, and was my main reason for backing this game the last stream I watched it was discussed that there was a poll asking what content people want, and pve related topics were voted for the most.

I have a few questions,

1. Has it been considered PvP players weren't represented accurately because atm most are under the impression they're going to have to wait some time until thats going to be a viable in game option/experience? I for one did not know of this poll and missed out on voting so im sure others did as well. Where atm, most new content thats been added is pve/pvm focus and thus, likely to yield higher pve/pvm player activity for such a poll.

2. As someone who LOVES mmo pvp, and really loves fractureds concepts, what can be said to me and other PVP focus players to still give us hope of some great experiences in PVP in the future.

3. CONTEXT AND BACKGROUND INFORMATION(to follow up on question 2)
      Something similar happened with Amazons mmorpg where originally when the game was announced it was announced on the focus of PVP. And that was one of the major hype + and marketing points of the game that got a lot of creators excited and spread the anticipation for the game.

As people wait for the game, PVP players being told there will be PVP focus from the run, pay less attention and wait for the release of the game. The PVE players/PVM Players then step up and become the new "Loudest voice" because they don't see the content they want to enjoy from a game. Amazon then walks back the PVP focus and announced in past months that they will be shifting the focus to entirely PVE. This practically killed off anticipation for the game from a wide variety of people in the mmo community, who have PVP as their main focus.

I know fractured has plans to do multiple worlds to give each unique player the experience they want to achieve
    BUT there is one other game

The Division 2

This game is currently struggling deeply with community complaints, especially people on the PVP end of the spectrum. Recently some of the people involved in working on PVP at the studio stopped working there, and recent content patches have been primary focuses to pve content and have really ruined a lot of the experience for PVP players. New bugs etc etc.

Now I understand in the case of fractured and the lack of funding etc etc you need to prioritize what you think (and given the poll it leads you to believe PVE) is that primary focus so therefore more resources will be allocated to accomplishing said goals as a focus.

-But does this mean PVP will have little to no focus in the near future?
    -Will there always be someone or individuals dedicated to PVP?

• If you did not know about these examples i've listed, do you find this information interesting and will look more into the subject?

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

This game will be full loot MMO, and 2 of 3 planets are free for PvP.

So basically even if many mechanics you can consider PvE (grinding materials, trading,...) there will be a lots of PvP around resources everywhere!

Also on Syndesia, guilds controlling zones will be able to mechanically impose rules that are in action in this zones, so territory control will have great effect on trading and exploration.

There will be GvG, sieges,...

All in all, I wouldn't worry about PvP aspect here 😉 just take a note that much is still not implemented into alpha, so you can not experience it yet through testing.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

I personally think a sort of arena/Colosseum mechanic would be cool, where in big cities players have the opportunity to PvP in a controlled environment for riches/fame/glory.

Because Fractured is based on these three different planets with three different playstyles I would not be concerned of any changes between relation of PvE and PvP. There is no reason to make any changes because different playstyle already has its own playgrounds.

And what it comes to Amazon and New World they did not change the focus entirely for PvE, they more like wanted to combi PvE and PvP together. Also Amazon faced some serious problems during the alpha test phase because of extreme toxic behaviour related to open world full loot PvP. The focus is still in PvP, but not in the hardcore way. I understand this change has caused a lot of negative feedback from hardcore fans behalf but I guess Amazon needed to think of the larger picture and future of the game. In my opinnion it would be the best solution open separated hardcore PvP servers and that way cater also that audience, and if I remember right they might even concider that.

@Heartlock said in Open Question to Developers.:

Now I understand in the case of fractured and the lack of funding etc etc you need to prioritize what you think (and given the poll it leads you to believe PVE) is that primary focus so therefore more resources will be allocated to accomplishing said goals as a focus.

That are a lot of assumptions in one sentence..... considering this game has no quests like a regular MMORPG (which is a lot of the regular PvE content in any other MMO and so far only 1 dungeon with a few levels and no raids or similar environments (another key PvE element), it is logical that the developers are looking into ways to gather PvE a bit more or more accurate, that the current community is giving those answers in a poll.

The information given so far creates a lot of opportunities to satisfy any PvP needs, but people are wondering what to do when you have gathered your skills and PvP is not your main focus in a game.

• TF#8 - GENERAL AMBASSADOR

Bump since theres a new Q&A coming ^^

@Recoil said:

I personally think a sort of arena/Colosseum mechanic would be cool, where in big cities players have the opportunity to PvP in a controlled environment for riches/fame/glory.

I'm most interested in PvE but I really enjoy the kind of controlled matchup PvP found in an 'arena' context. It's the one kind of PvP I will go out of my way to participate in in other games I play.

Dunno whether that's unusual or maybe others feel the same?

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured