New and wondering if worth it?

• So is it worth it to get for Alpha II?

• TF#10 - CONSUL

I believe so, but then again I'm an Alpha I backer.

If you are looking for playable content, I suggest checking out some of the streams going on right now as well as the post announcing what features are available to test. This is a alpha and we are doing testing, it's not an early access that you would expect a lot of content to explore in. The devs add a little at a time as they work on their templates that will be used to further expand the world later.

If you are looking to support an amazing project with a high chance of success led by devs still working despite the quarantine in Northern Italy, and maybe get a few items out of it, it's worth it 10/10 times.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

If you plan to play the game I say yes. This game plays differently then a lot of games out there. I skipped the last test and the difference between the first time I played to now.. Might as well been a different game, lol.

The knowledge you can get from trying it out now will save you a lot of time.

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

watch any of the previous vod to see if the current gameplay is for you. then read all of the NEWS on the main page to see if the concept is something you're interesting in.

• TF#8 - GENERAL AMBASSADOR

This question is something I cover a lot in my stream. The question i redirect to answer the for mentioned question is this. Can you afford to invest into an alpha? Whats your pain point on spending your money. People will spend 50$ US for 2 movie tickets and popcorn , for only 2 hours of enjoyment.
    That being said what are you willing to spend to get in on what lvl of access.

Now to really answer this question - Yes , 100%. I would invest more ( which i will be doing soon ). I will list a few of the reasons why.

Reason why -

• Dev team is very evolved. ( Huge IMO )

• Testing is being done in a traditional fashion ( correctly )
      Alpha ( many phases to get foundations working )
      Beta ( More QOL items and further tweaking of foundation items )

• Community has been one of the best I have seen in a long time.
      This means the "leaders" who are people taking their time to be on here helping for the sake of helping

There is huge reasons IMHO that can help make or break a game. Also many more reasons for sure.

Come visit my stream and we can talk more. I don't like to type much , but felt this was important to do so 🙂

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

IMO, not really worth it. The 90 euro price tag is too steep for the current state of testing. If I could get a refund, I would.
    Nothing that distinguishes the title from any other, according to the wiki, is currently in Alpha 2.

@r6G4596Y7G9AwD0TzJTxFSZx So you didn't understand what an Alpha state is? Im not trying to be a smartA@@ just confused on what people think they are getting by buying into a game in alpha.

@r6G4596Y7G9AwD0TzJTxFSZx again you are proving that you didn't know in what you were buying in 🙂 which could have been easily avoided if you've done a bit research on the project and in the forums

• Wiki Editor

@r6G4596Y7G9AwD0TzJTxFSZx said in New and wondering if worth it?:

IMO, not really worth it...

... if you expect to get an opportunity just to play a new game now, that will enjoy and fullfill your overall gaming experience.

But if you like to be early involved into a developement progress and want to support the idea and the studio, if you don't mind to face several - even game breaking - bugs, if you like to do just a small part of future content to test again and again, till per example you can't remember anymore how often you build a house, then it is worth every cent you are able and willing to spend.

Just my opinion, but i think i am not alone with it. 😉

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

How does a potential tester determine what's in the test before having access to the test?
    Or, specifically, in the case of Alpha 2, how would you know that only Humans are part of the test, before you get to character creation? Keeping in mind, you can't get to character creation without paying 90 euros..

There's no doubt there's a shell of a game here, and if I had paid 10 euros? I wouldn't care. But 90? It's too much for not enough. There's not enough to test, yet, in my opinion. Certainly not 90 euros worth of testing.

• Wiki Editor

@r6G4596Y7G9AwD0TzJTxFSZx said in New and wondering if worth it?:

How does a potential tester determine what's in the test before having access to the test?

Because you get informations about the game before you buy in yourself.
    A good source are the Developement Journals.

Or, specifically, in the case of Alpha 2, how would you know that only Humans are part of the test, before you get to character creation? Keeping in mind, you can't get to character creation without paying 90 euros..

Because in announcements for the specific Alpha Phase is nothing said about that they added more than one Continent/Planet nor Beastmen nor Demons.

There's no doubt there's a shell of a game here, and if I had paid 10 euros? I wouldn't care. But 90? It's too much for not enough. There's not enough to test, yet, in my opinion. Certainly not 90 euros worth of testing.

We are in an Alpha, that means, we don't have content in sense of playable and entirely enjoyable content. Everyone who is stepping into an Alpha should know that. 90 Euro are not made for an early access. Thats an amount of one Supporter Package of many.
    And should i tell you something?
    Alpha 2.1 Backer had to pay more for less content. Not to mention Alpha 1.2 and 1.1 Backer.
    And another secret, there are people who payed for the game several hundreds or thousands of Euros, even they did not get any content, because the game wasn't even in Pre-Alpha at this point.
    And i bet, they see their support worth each single Euro they spent 😉

@r6G4596Y7G9AwD0TzJTxFSZx

there's a few hours worth of videos to watch on gameplay. people have streamed it.

@r6G4596Y7G9AwD0TzJTxFSZx Sorry mate you miss the point here...

We're not paying 90+ 150+ euro to consume something. That aperently is your mentality right now at least. We're donating funds for the development of a game that we believe can be awesome. In the meantime we get the priviledge of testing it, contributing to it, helping the devs with feedback. so on and so forth.

We fell in love with the concepts of the game and made an investment on something with potential.

It's not a purchase, it's the very funding of the game we will play and enjoy in the future.

And guess what, being a part of it makes it that much more special!

Might not be for you and that's ok

You can learn all of that in the main page of the game and in the forum... if only you look for it

@PedroBillyMattos said in New and wondering if worth it?:

@r6G4596Y7G9AwD0TzJTxFSZx Sorry mate you miss the point here...

We're not paying 90+ 150+ euro to consume something. That apparently is your mentality right now at least.

that's how consumers think!

@dyu77 said in New and wondering if worth it?:

So is it worth it to get for Alpha II?

https://fracturedmmo.com/mar-29-qa-livestream-free-alpha-keys/

Watch live stream tomorrow and ask. 🙂

Engage in discussion, and maybe you will even ket a key and can try for yourself, which will make your decision for choosing a pack easyer.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured