Guild Structure Idea (invitation to discuss new ideas)

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

Hi all,

I came up with a guild structure a while back. I wanted to share it with you and the Devs so maybe they can get more ideas. It is not flawless in any way but something new to think about. I thought of it because I felt ranks did not matter much. I haven't typed this out in a while so bare with me. Here goes:

• Max number of members will be 100.
    • Perks are given to members which are rank based.
    • 11 ranks.
    • There are limits to each rank (1 GM (rank 0), 10 in rank 1-9 and 100 in rank 10).
    • Each rank will have greater perks than the lower rank.
    • Each rank will have a multiplier associated with the max number in the guild.
    • Members gain a multiplier for how long they have been in the Guild (1 month for max?).

Perks can be one of almost any value in the game. Some examples would be:
    Melee Damage, Magic Damage, Defense, Coin Drop, Attack Speed, Run Speed and really anything you can think of within this game.

A guild experience bar. Some examples could be grouping with guild members within a certain radius, donating coins or materials to a guild bank and guild quests. I know many of these ideas may not fix this game. Im sure we all can think of other things that will contribute to this but you get the point...

The bonus shouldn't be too high. Maybe an extra 10% - 25% Max (for debate)? Only 1 of these perks can be chosen at a time.

People not in guilds could join an NPC guild and lvl within it for some perks but it would never be as high as a full player made guild with a high rank.

All I hope to do is create a Guild Structure where ranks matter. People will want to rank up within the guild so they will help more. Haven't you been in a guild where you did A LOT for it and you just felt unappreciated??? Come on, I know you have! Well, in this system, you will! If you weren't ranked up, you can always find another that will appreciate your contribution.

I'm sure this will be tore apart. Lets try to keep it positive. If you don't like it, that's fine. Some people like vanilla and some chocolate. Doesn't matter. If you DONT like it, try to offer something in exchange. I've learned when criticizing something you should offer a solution. Maybe you wont. Either way, let the discussion begin!!!

• TF#10 - CONSUL

there will not be a guild cap:

https://forum.fracturedmmo.com/topic/414/hero-and-guild-creation-now-live-in-the-foundation/47

On top of that, cities are limited in space, so a guild can really only support a certain number of players per city, you'll want those players to be able to build all the needed city buildings of course, but you'll be limited to do so based on as yet undisclosed requirements. So the guild can't just be a ton of people all in one place all at once, you have to work for it is our understanding.

There will be player run towns as well as guild run towns, so you don't necessarily need an npc guild if you choose to go that route. There are also, as you saw in the open test, a number of homes to build in the wild, if you don't wish to live in a city at all.

For what you're saying for the guild exp bar, I think they already have their own system in place where we have requirements to meet to be able to build certain buildings, and even to induct more members.

The buildings a guild can have with a town are going to be more than enough incentive to join a guild that just having perks for being in one, without actually doing any of the stuff required I think doesn't really fit with the direction of the game. There will be certain things you just cannot build without certain buildings, and you will need access to them, isn't that enough rather than also adding stats just for joining?

I believe the town leaders will collect taxes from residents and distribute them however they like, if it's a guild town, the leader of the town will be free to choose if there are people they want to give it to, and if they want to set requirements for their members to give perks to their leadership which they can distribute that I believe is also player led.

The game doesn't restrict us in the ways you're wanting, it forces us to earn whatever perks we want to get, and if that means we join a guild to do so, or we fight for it in the wild, or trade for it, that's what role playing is going to be.

But to tell us, you can have this many members, and the leader gets this, the officers get this.. and the lowest members get this but non guilded people don't... that's not really how this game is being set up.

Have you read the dev trackers? I don't think Vengu has been around in a while to update them, but if you do read them, I think you'll get the feel that not only is the world intended to be a sandbox here, but also how we build it, including how we structure our own governments, guilds, cities, communities, and worlds. I don't think the devs are going to put hard limits on any of this.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

The game can and/or will change while being created, including the maximum member number a guild can have. The game isn't out yet. Try to understand what I am presenting. I said some of these things don't fit in this game. It doesn't mean they cant incorporate something from this in the furture. Also, if you play the game, you're FORCED to play what they create. So saying you are forced to join a guild is like saying you're forced to kill mobs to gain skills and spells. I did mention something about solo players, I think. Let me check... Yeah I did 🙂 I gather you just totally refuse this idea. Cool noted, thanks. Anyone else like to discuss this like make it better or tweak something? Again, it was just something I thought of and wanted to see this communities thoughts.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@Mr14taz well, I was telling you things the devs have told us... you're free to dream though of course

• TF#10 - CONSUL

I always wanted to see guild quest boards in a game, where a guild could mercenary out its members to complete tasks for other players, from collecting crops to killing a dragon that's plaguing a town.

The more quests you do for your guild the better standing you have in the guild and the bigger quests you can accept.

It's something I always liked the thought of

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

@Xzoviac That would give the Guild Leader some tools to offer rewards to it's members in a fair way. I would love that!

It would be awesome for PVP too! Someone messing with you, have the guild hunt them down. Get rewarded for their bounty. 🙂

• TF#10 - CONSUL

It is a bad idea to give bonuses/perks or anything of that nature to guild memberships. It shouldn't matter if someone is a new recruit or been the leader of a guild since the start of the game, they should both get the same benefits of being in the guild itself (aka group/team play and etc..). Same goes for someone who joins the guild on their first day versus another whose been in the guild 10/100/1000 days longer.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

@TekNicTerror said in Guild Structure Idea (invitation to discuss new ideas):

It is a bad idea to give bonuses/perks or anything of that nature to guild memberships. It shouldn't matter if someone is a new recruit or been the leader of a guild since the start of the game, they should both get the same benefits of being in the guild itself (aka group/team play and etc..). Same goes for someone who joins the guild on their first day versus another whose been in the guild 10/100/1000 days longer.

I disagree 100% but thanks for your reply.

• TF#2 - MESSENGER

I disagree with perks for guild rank idea. It’s far too open to exploitation from guild masters and upper tier officers. There would be far too much for mods to police for fairness. One should work for ones perks. Not just get them because “my mate John made me a general lol”

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

@Pickle I heard this argument before and while I sort of agree with that, you have to consider that the bonuses for membership will have a factor in this. If the guild has 100 members, the bonuses will be a lot higher for higher ranking members. If people think the guild members are being given the ranks that don't deserve it, they will leave for a more fair guild. So if 10 friends got together and made all rank 1, they wont get a huge bonus compared to 50 people in the guild. Again, people will want to join guilds that are fair to its members. Kind of like a team or a Job. If you perform, you should get compensated. Again, the idea is to make ranks matter. I asked for solutions yet all I am reading are no this and no that. Come on guys, let me see something that will make ranks matter in games. I guess ALL of you were happy with your contributions in guilds and your ranks huh? Wow.. Cool..

• @Mr14taz I desagree too.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

@Mr14taz said in Guild Structure Idea (invitation to discuss new ideas):

Again, the idea is to make ranks matter. I asked for solutions yet all I am reading are no this and no that. Come on guys, let me see something that will make ranks matter in games.

Lets all ignore this and say I disagree with you. Way to be helpful lol...

I bet if this was in a game you would fricking love it. People just hate change huh? Well, we will probably never know. All good, you guys win! Gratz.

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

Every game I've played that had guilds/alliances of any sort had ranks within those alliances with associated privileges/perks/titles/buffs/whatever-kinda-bonus. And who got what rank was completely up to the leadership.

Leadership might be a group of bros who are frathouse drinking buddies, a coven of witches with a serious agenda, or an international cadre of players who only know each other in-game - and different 'flavors' of guild/alliance will appeal to different sorts of players.

What's stayed the same, game to game, for me, is a system not unlike what the OP proposes - perhaps with a different # of rank levels, but I've never seen a game guild system that had one leader and no other ranks or privileges. I would be willing to try out a workable variation of the OP's framework, and tweak it as necessary (e.g., 11 rank levels seems like a lot to me, but it might be useful once I experienced how it worked).

Thanks to all those who offer thoughtful ideas and constructive dialog about them!
    ☮ 🖖

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

@PeachMcD Thanks for your comments.

The thing is, no games have come up with something that made ranks matter. Though out the years most people were indifferent on ranks. In this system, there is a mini game within the game. Leveling up in your guild! How exciting is that!!! Like getting promotions and moving up at your job for good hard work! Man.. I wish some dev would try this. Anyways thanks for the looks and responses.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

Larger guilds, better rewards?

This promotes larger guilds thus promoting zergs.

And we are all anti zerg here. 😉

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

@Gothix Come on man, read...

• TF#2 - MESSENGER

When I was reading your original post @Mr14taz, my interpretation was that the guild master had the power to allocate the ranks and consequently perks to individuals. Do you mean that the size of the guild dictates the allowance of different ranks and thus the more people the more ranks? Because, to allude to my original point, it wouldn’t matter if random people left “John’s” guild, as long as he can allocate the perks to his friends. If you mean that guild progression is dependant on certain random things being completed by the guild to earn such rewards and subsequent perks, there is still no reason to encourage guild number growth as long as the random thing being completed to earn the perk does not require a large number of players. If, it does require a large number of players, we’re into the realms of zergs again. This would also discourage smaller intimate guilds. Particularly RP guilds, who, in my opinion will be prevalent in the game. I think, with regards to these perks, any kind of edge giving, game impacting perk would be detrimental to the core vision of the survival MMO. the “answer” to this point would be offering cosmetic perks for guild members. Cosmetic rewards are already available through the foundation and pledge purchases.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@Pickle
    it could be possible to scale the requirement based on the number of members. so that a 10 group could do 1 thing 10 times or a 100 group could do 1 thing each. there's even the possibility of time gating the progress too.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

I don't like the idea of giving game mechanic bonuses. My reason being is balancing issues. The game is going to be going through alot of changes once it goes live. Classes, races, equipment are all going to be going through balancing issues as people come here and complain about who has an advantage and who has a disadvantage. Giving guild bonuses is just another source weighing in on an already complicated equation to keep things balanced so we don't see cookie cutter players.

I've seen games give bonuses to guilds that completed server event achievements. As Gothix pointed out that could promote just building larger guilds. Most of the time when I saw that everyone just wanted to join the #1 guild. Guilds though are ever evolving as people quit and join a game. Leaders fall and new ones rise. Guilds often follow that trend.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

no perks. that wont look fair in a pvp game with the potential of full loot. even if it's 1% at the top perk, it shouldn't be there.

ranks can just add slots to the guild so that more members should allow it grow.

Copyright © 2020 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured