Question about newsletters

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

In the Foundation quests, there is one about reading newsletters. Currently my status is 30/31, but as far as I can tell I have not received a new newsletter and cannot find an unread one in my email folders. I do know that a few days ago that quest was complete, 30/30.

Has anyone else seen this or is there a forthcoming newsletter that I just haven't gotten yet?

• TF#5 - LEGATE

I think that there is one from Kickstarter that said "read the full post" and gave you credit. Maybe they are planning to send one out for people that weren't on KS?

• Community Manager

@golden Give it a day or two. Newsletter are now sent based on when you're most likely to read it. That means different people will receive the newsletter at different times during the day.

• TF#4 - EMISSARY

I received one two hours ago. I had the same questions about the previous newsletter. When they start sending out they increase the counter. But you only receive the newsletter at the time you usually visit the site. For me that is 19:30. But they send out the newsletters on a saturday (at least they did for this one and the previous one). On saturdays I check the site a lot earlier. So I also thought I missed a newsletter.

I don't know why newsletters are spread out over a day. I rarely read a newsletter the moment I receive it.

@jozef
    just open the email then you can close it. that's all it takes to trigger the quest. you could probably just mark as unread and come back later to read it.

@jetah said in Question about newsletters:

@jozef
    just open the email then you can close it. that's all it takes to trigger the quest. you could probably just mark as unread and come back later to read it.

Never tried just opening and closing it. I always click on "check your progress" button just in case.

@gothix
    i just open it and close the email. i assume there's a hidden image 1x1 px that checks if it's been loaded (read) then adds the points to your account.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

I went to the home page selected the news section and clicked on them all through there. Hope that helps. If that is indeed what you are looking for.

@jetah said in Question about newsletters:

@gothix
    i just open it and close the email. i assume there's a hidden image 1x1 px that checks if it's been loaded (read) then adds the points to your account.

I doubt it could work like that. That would only work if mail contained some trigger that auto loaded data from Fractured server and then IF you are also logged into Fractured site with your Fractured account, and your mail loaded the data from IP, and Fractured site checks that IP and then if anyone is logged into Fractured site as well from that IP then system awards the points to that account. But that seems majorly over complicated, lol. AND would be a pretty serious breech of security... having a mail that auto triggers loading of external web data without your authorization instantly when you open it... this would get so abused by viruses...

Pretty sure it might be read confirmation that some mail providers pass to senders. So Fractured server gets delivered notification when their mail letter gets delivered, and then from some providers they also get read receipt when you actually open the mail (like viber and whatsapp messages work with those 2 check marks), and then points get awarded.

This is probably why it works for some people and doesn't work for other people (with some mail providers that don't pass read receipts to senders).

Thanks guys! 😄 Yep, it did finally arrive a while ago and now the quest is completed again. I'm glad to know how this works.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured